• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
มุมหนึ่ง..ในลอสแองเจลลิส
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: มุมหนึ่ง..ในลอสแองเจลลิส
Maew
ส่วนเรื่องการศึกษา
ผมจบวิศวะ อุตสาหการที่จุฬาฯ ทำงานหนึ่งปี แล้วไปเรียนต่อโทที่ USC ภาค Industrial and Systems Engineering
จบโทแล้วก็ต่อเอกเลย อีก 4 ปี ภาควิชาเดียวกัน สาขา Operations Research
ไม่ได้รับทุนอะไรหรอกครับ ไปด้วยทุนพ่อแม่
หลังจากเรียนเอกไป 3-4 เทอม ได้เป็น Research Assistant ถึงมีทุนสนับสนุนจากภาควิชาบ้างนิดหน่อย
เรียนจบแล้วก็กลับเมืองไทยเลยทันที
กลับมาก็ไม่ได้ใช้ความรู้อะไรที่เรียนมาเท่าไหร่ครับ ทุกวันนี้ก็ทำงานกับที่บ้าน[hr Wrote:
ผมขออนุญาตถามน้าหม่าวด้วยนะครับ

ไม่ทราบน้าหม่าว จบด้านไหน อยู่คณะไหนเหรอครับ

เคยพูดคุยหรือเรียนกับอ.นิธิ เอียวศรีวงศ์ บ้างหรือเปล่าครับ
ผมชอบงานเขียนของ อ.นิธิ มาก ทั้งความคิด การวิเคราะห์ และการใช้ภาษา

อ.ประมวล เพ็งจันทร์ ก็เคยเป็นอาจารย์ที่มช.
น้าหม่าว พอจะรู้จักบ้างไหมครับ

Hi Maew,
Excellence, young man!
You have built a strong foundation for your life that you should be proud of, now it's the matter of pass your hard-earned knowledge on to whoever needs it.
Just remember "When you stop learning you will stop living right there"Cool

And Maow,
Thanks for your "PM" to me, I'm looking forward to meet you in Chiangmai by the end of this year, and I know I will learn something from you.
Just one more thing, what model and year of Martin that you have?, I think I'd be able to tell about its tone in general.Wink
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
22-05-2009, 22:12
Website Find Like Post Reply
Maow Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 53
ผมพึ่งได้หนังสือเรื่อง "เดินสู่อิสรภาพ" มาเมื่อวันเสาร์ที่ผ่านมา
เป็นเล่มสุดท้ายของร้านพอดี สักพักคงจะได้ฤกษ์อ่านครับ
แต่เท่าที่ฟังจาก ซีดี ก็เป็นอะไรที่...........
08-06-2009, 09:30
Find Like Post Reply
Maew Offline

Likes Given: 0
ที่.........?
" Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. "
- Dale Carnegie
08-06-2009, 09:49
Find Like Post Reply
Maow Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 53
ที่.......

เป็นความกลมกลืนระหว่างชีวิต และธรรมะ หรือ ธรรมชาติ

ชีวิตเป็นส่งมหัศจรรย์ เป็นความสวยงาม ทุกวันที่หายใจควรทำอะไรที่เป็นประโยชน์ และคำนึงถึงหน้าที่ของตนเองและทำให้ดีที่สุด.......
08-06-2009, 10:17
Find Like Post Reply
Maew Offline

ขอบคุณครับ

ถ้าอ่านแล้ว อยากจะแลกเปลี่ยน ก็ยินดีนะครับ
" Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. "
- Dale Carnegie
08-06-2009, 11:52
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(08-06-2009, 09:30)Maow Wrote: ผมพึ่งได้หนังสือเรื่อง "เดินสู่อิสรภาพ" มาเมื่อวันเสาร์ที่ผ่านมา
เป็นเล่มสุดท้ายของร้านพอดี สักพักคงจะได้ฤกษ์อ่านครับ
แต่เท่าที่ฟังจาก ซีดี ก็เป็นอะไรที่...........

Hi Maow and Maew,
My friend (Chai Visitisomsuk) just picked this book up for me from Dockya (Thai book store on Hollywood Blvd) yesterday. He lives much closer to Hollywood than me.
We'll meet up on the mountain (Wrightwood area) tomorrow, we will spend 3 nights up there camping and hiking.
He's one of my very few best friends in States, I've met and knew him not too long ago (may be about 10 years or so) at tennis courts. A year younger than I am. I introduced him to backpacking and hiking and camping and he loved it all. We get along very well. He's the kind of people that I can introduce to any of my friends without any reservation. He's another true gentleman that I proudly called "Friend".
I took him up to "Half Dome", summited "San Gorgonio" and got lost together and spent 1 unexpected night on that mountain! and went up half way to summit at "Whitney" and many other hikings that we did together.
He's the one out of 3 of us that hiked up "Yosemite fall" in snow and rain in the picture that I attached it here at "Nimit", he's also the one who took my picture at "Lone Pine lake" that I also attached here at "Nimit"
He took my advice and went travel to France and London few years ago and loved it all, he even took a local hike when he's back in Thailand few years ago too.
First I thought I would have gone to Oregon with him this month but he's not available so we changed our plan to go to Wrightwood instead. Chai had gone to Oregon about 2 years ago and visit another friend of us that moved over there (Thai friend, Tim, he's also another friend that I introduced him to hiking and stuff and he's also went up with us to Half Dome but scared enough to stay at the foothill of that dome instead of climbing the slings up to the top of Half Dome)Big Grin He's also in the picture that I took at that snowy trail up the "Yosemite fall", just 3 of us went up there and funny enough when we got up to the top of that fall, Chai and Tim elected to stay off the cliff instead of climb out the cliff face! They claimed they were scare of height after about 2,500 climb up!!
So it's only me again that crazy enough to climb out the cliff face and got a panoramic pictures of the whole Yosemite valley with patches of cloud under me!!

Oh, oh, I'm getting this post too long again!.
I'll stop now and will enjoy that "Book" tomorrow in the wilderness.Cool

And I'm thinking about posting a thread about my "Mini camping at Wrightwood" too, we'll see.
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009, 23:47 by napman.)
12-06-2009, 23:38
poPPie Offline
APFC or NMFC

Likes Given: 23
เอารูป Yosemite valley มาดูกันครับ สวยงามจริงๆ
[Image: YosemiteValleySpring-0001.jpg]
Yosemite Fall น้ำจากทะเลสาบด้านล่างเงาเป็นกระจกเลย
[Image: _Yosemite_Falls_Reflection375_000.jpg][Image: _Tree102375_000.jpg]

Top of Mt. High West Resort Wrightwood, Southern California

[Image: p140865-Wrightwood-Top_of_Mt._High_West_Resort.jpg]
13-06-2009, 02:27
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Thanks popp for the pictures,

It looked so much like Wrightwood will be just like that in your picture tomorrow and the next few days according to the weatherman! (they called this kind of weather as "June Gloom")

The sky right at my area and also at Wrightwood was so cloudly and haven't seen the sun for the last 4 days, chances of sprinkle in AM is pretty high. From my window I can't see the mountain range only the full thick cloud and fog that cover the sky for the last few days.

Any body knows this song; There's no sunshine when she's gone, wonder if she's gonna stay?..........Sad

But that's good for something differently, I'm just going to put the tarps over and under my tent and dress myself up accordingly, and hope it won't rain too hard while we sleep in the tent, come to think of it, not too bad to listen to the rain tapping on your tent top and lullaby you to sleep 555

We'll hike to the lake (Jackson lake) and take some pictures and hopefully put then at "Nimit" so you guys will have a picture or two that paint a thousands words and dream along with us.

I'm still debating if I should take my guitar and my harmonica along under this threatening sky or not?, we'll see Rolleyes

I'll see you guys in a few days.

"Happy trail to you until we meet again....." Does anybody know this song???? 5555

13-06-2009, 06:45
Maew Offline

ขอบคุณน้าปี้สำหรับรูปสวยๆ
ยิ่งดูยิ่งคิดถึง...

น้าnap มาพูดยั่วซะ....
อยากไปด้วยมากๆ..

ดีใจครับที่หาหนังสือได้แล้ว อ่านจบแล้วมาคุยกันนะครับ
อยากแลกเปลี่ยนเรื่องนี้กับน้าnap มากๆ
- Dale Carnegie
13-06-2009, 08:30
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

HI guys,

I just got home few hours ago from Wrightwood, with around 100 pictures taken, plus 5 Videos.

It'll take me a while to complete this fun project. So give me a day or two and you guys can enjoy it here without having to take a plane across the ocean!

I also had spare time in the wood to read "Walked to freedom" up to page 117 of the 500 pages book.

I tried to read it as slow as I could, I felt like it is a real fine food that I wanted to digest it to its core, there are many Thai words that I couldn't really comprehend so I had to stop reading and thought about those words until I thought I got the correct understanding before went on.
And Maow, you'd better start read it, since this was the story of one of Chiangmai instuctorRolleyes

And thanks again Maew for this treasure that you've found for me.

And Popp, I've seen the cloud almost liked the picture that you sent us.Big Grin

Later,
nap

P.S. I'm going to Whitney (Lone pine lake in particular) on July 5-6 next month,here is the sample of that Lake, anybody wants to come along?

Photobucket

This one was taken by "Chai" sometimes ago when we're there, it's around 9800 feet elevation, surprisingly high for any lake!

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009, 05:51 by napman.)
17-06-2009, 07:45