Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your "Best bang for your buck"?
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
What is your "Best bang for your buck"?
Few days ago, I answered the local Craigslist ads about "Baby Taylor" that wanted to sell "$100 for excellent condition Baby Taylor with gig bag"

I was thinking about bring along any of my guitars with me to Thailand for my 3 month vacation in November-Feb but couldn't make up my mind.
When I saw this ad it got me thinking. I personally don't really like Baby Taylor that much, it's more of a cute toy to me. But for that price I thought what the heck I can just unscrew the neck off and put it in my luggage in stead of carry on to the airport and beg for the Airline's mercy so I can have some kind of fretboard to practice while I'm in Thailand!Wink

When I got to the seller, it was a mistake description! it's not Baby Taylor, it is "Big Baby Taylor"! Talking about luck!Tongue And for that asking price I didn't really expect anything much. But it's as excellent as the seller posted. It seemed like it's never been played. He said his daughter lost interest in learning to play so he wanted to get rid of it.Sad

I tried to find the "What's wrong with it?" syndrome but couldn't. Only one small thing that I was sure it's the factory second is the Taylor name at the headstock, The name is off-center Big Grin

So I guess he bought it as second from the factory. and with its own Taylor gig bag. It's almost like I paid $75 for guitar and $25 for bag.

I took it home, put the Fishman Neo 02 Humbucker soundhole pickup that I have and tried it without and also with ART Pre-Amp. OMG it sounded so decent! Unscrewed the neck just to see if I can carry on the body with me on the plane and put the neck in the luggage. EUREKA! It worked like charm.

So this Big Baby will be my companion while I'm in Thailand's vacation and I can show off my "Best bang for my buck" for Nimit members.Big Grin

Anyone has your "Best bang for your buck" story to share??????
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
10-09-2009, 05:41
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
What is your "Best bang for your buck"? - by napman - 10-09-2009, 05:41