Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 year old song by a 10 year old girl!
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: 60 year old song by a 10 year old girl!
(14-04-2011, 12:22)tatsanai Wrote: น้าNapman ครับ เพลงนี้เป็นของ The Shadow ไม่ใช่เหรอครับ
ของ Santos & Johnny ผมชอบเพลง Tokyo twilight ฟังแล้วเหงาดี

Hi Tatsanai,

Here's what I copied from Wikipedia;
"Sleep Walk" continues to be popular due to consistent radio airplay as well as its usage in commercials, television shows, and movies. One of the first covers was by Betsy Brye[9] (stage name of Bette Anne Steele) in 1959. While Santo & Johnny wrote lyrics for "Sleep Walk", they never recorded a lyrical version, but Betsy Brye's version included these lyrics. It has been also covered by The Shadows, Stray Cats, The Ventures, Jake Shimabukuro, Amos Garrett, Larry Carlton,[10] Deftones, Chet Atkins,[11] Danny Gatton, The Sir Douglas Quintet, and Joe Satriani.[12] Indie group Modest Mouse also covered the song with lyrics and entitled their version "Sleepwalkin'". A version of the song by Brian Setzer received a Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance of 1998.[13] "Sleep Walk" was used throughout the 1992 Stephen King film, Sleepwalkers. "Sleep Walk" also plays a role in the 1995 Terry Gilliam sci-fi film, 12 Monkeys. It is also played in the end scene of "La Bamba" after protagonist Ritchie Valens dies."

And I believe that Wikipedia is quite accurate info. for this one Wink
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
19-04-2011, 22:09
Website Find Like Post Reply
tatsanai Offline

Likes Given: 0
(19-04-2011, 22:09)napman Wrote:
(14-04-2011, 12:22)tatsanai Wrote: น้าNapman ครับ เพลงนี้เป็นของ The Shadow ไม่ใช่เหรอครับ
ของ Santos & Johnny ผมชอบเพลง Tokyo twilight ฟังแล้วเหงาดี

Hi Tatsanai,

Here's what I copied from Wikipedia;
"Sleep Walk" continues to be popular due to consistent radio airplay as well as its usage in commercials, television shows, and movies. One of the first covers was by Betsy Brye[9] (stage name of Bette Anne Steele) in 1959. While Santo & Johnny wrote lyrics for "Sleep Walk", they never recorded a lyrical version, but Betsy Brye's version included these lyrics. It has been also covered by The Shadows, Stray Cats, The Ventures, Jake Shimabukuro, Amos Garrett, Larry Carlton,[10] Deftones, Chet Atkins,[11] Danny Gatton, The Sir Douglas Quintet, and Joe Satriani.[12] Indie group Modest Mouse also covered the song with lyrics and entitled their version "Sleepwalkin'". A version of the song by Brian Setzer received a Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance of 1998.[13] "Sleep Walk" was used throughout the 1992 Stephen King film, Sleepwalkers. "Sleep Walk" also plays a role in the 1995 Terry Gilliam sci-fi film, 12 Monkeys. It is also played in the end scene of "La Bamba" after protagonist Ritchie Valens dies."

And I believe that Wikipedia is quite accurate info. for this one Wink

ขอบคุณ น้า napman ที่กรุณาหาข้อมูลที่ถูกต้องมาให้ครับ เพลงนี้(และเพลงบรรเลงสไตล์นี้หลายๆเพลง) พ่อเปิดให้ผมฟังตั้งแต่เด็กๆ แต่ตอนนั้นผมไม่รู้หรอกครับว่าวงอะไรเป็นคนเล่น พอเป็นวัยรุ่นโตขึ้นมาหน่อย ไปได้ยินเพลงนี้จาก The Ventures เลยไล่หาแผ่นเสียง ของ The Ventures มาฟังด้วยความเข้าใจว่าเป็นเวอร์ชั่นเดียวกับที่ฟังตอนเด็กๆ จนเรียนจบทำงานพี่ชายซื้อแผ่นของ The Shadows มาให้ฟังผมเลยรู้ว่าเพลงที่เคยฟังมาตั้งแต่เด็กๆ ไม่ใช่เพลงของ The Ventures แน่นอน น่าเป็นการบรรเลงของ The Shadows มากกว่า แต่ถึงตอนนี้จากที่น้า Napman ให้ข้อมูล ทำให้ผมรู้ว่าเพลงสไตล์นี้มีวงที่นำมาเล่นมากมายหลายวง เป็นไปได้มากเลยว่า vertion ที่พ่อเปิดให้ฟังตั้งแต่เด็กอาจจะเป็นของSanto & Johny ก็ได้เพราะมีเพลง Tokyo twilight ที่ผมชอบมากและจำรายละเอียดของเพลงได้แม่นยำ เมื่อมามี you tube ก็ยืนยันได้ว่าเป็นของ Santo & Johny แน่นอน

ท้ายสุดต้องขอโทษที่แสดงความเห็นทักท้วงน้า Napman โดยไม่ได้ทบทวนข้อมูลให้แม่นยำเพียงพอ ผมชอบวลีนี้ของน้าครับ ขอยืมมาใช้ Just my 2 cents opinion. Big Grin
-------เพื่อลูก-------
24-04-2011, 09:40
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
(24-04-2011, 09:40)tatsanai Wrote: ท้ายสุดต้องขอโทษที่แสดงความเห็นทักท้วงน้า Napman โดยไม่ได้ทบทวนข้อมูลให้แม่นยำเพียงพอ

Hi Tatsanai,

There's no need for any apologize at allWink

As a matter of fact, I do appreciate and have to thank YOU for bringing that subject up and eventually caused me to get on Wikipedia to search for the real facts.

I always welcome the constructive comments/criticizes from anybody that will alway make me a better person and understand the real truth that surrounds me.

Hope to hear from you soon, my younger friend Big Grin
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
24-04-2011, 22:35
Website Find Like Post Reply