ฟังคนรุ่นเดียวกันร้อง ก็ได้บรรยากาศร่วมสมัยดี Wink
*** ตัวที่ใช่ ไซส์ที่ชอบ ***
04-11-2010, 00:26
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Teach Your Children
(04-11-2010, 00:26)ยอดเยี่ยม Wrote: ผมไม่ใช่แฟนพันธุ์แท้ของ Crosby, Stills and Nash
แต่ยอมรับว่าชอบหลายเพลงครับ รวมทั้งเพลงนี้ด้วย Shy

Speaking of this matter, I was and still am the real true fan of CSN & Y before I left Thailand in 1972!
In my last rock band in Thailand, we played so many songs of CSN & Y, I'd dare to say we were the pioneer for that kind of music that nobody dared to play for living at that time in Thailand.
There were 5 of us but now only 1 left and here's my buddy Jod (Krit Choktippatana), he was the second guitar in my old band but now plays bass as main instrument for his current band (Beatlenuts band) with another friends of mine, Chai and Paul and Pong the drummer who just passed away only few years ago.

Here's my buddy Jod in action, he was Neil Young in our old band 40 plus years ago and still enjoys doing what he loves to do;

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2010, 10:10 by napman.)
04-11-2010, 09:25
Website Find Like Post Reply
hopebaby Offline
crazy member

Likes Given: 0
(04-11-2010, 09:25)napman Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 00:26)ยอดเยี่ยม Wrote: ผมไม่ใช่แฟนพันธุ์แท้ของ Crosby, Stills and Nash
แต่ยอมรับว่าชอบหลายเพลงครับ รวมทั้งเพลงนี้ด้วย Shy

Speaking of this matter, I was and still am the real true fan of CSN & Y before I left Thailand in 1972!
In my last rock band in Thailand, we played so many songs of CSN & Y, I'd dare to say we were the pioneer for that kind of music that nobody dared to play for living at that time in Thailand.
There were 5 of us but now only 1 left and here's my buddy Jod (Krit Choktippatana), he was the second guitar in my old band but now plays bass as main instrument for his current band (Beatlenuts band) with another friends of mine, Chai and Paul and Pong the drummer who just passed away only few years ago.

Here's my buddy Jod in action, he was Neil Young in our old band 40 plus years ago and still enjoys doing what he loves to do;

สุดยอดไปเลยครับเพื่อนน้าnap ฟังได้อารมณ์มากนักดนตรีทุกท่านมีpassionต่อเพลงที่พวกเขาเล่น เพื่อนน้าnap ไม่ใช่นักดนตรีดาดๆนะครับพวกเขามีชื่อเสียงที่ดีมากในประเทศนี้...ด้วยความเคารพทุกท่าน Big Grin
04-11-2010, 22:13
Find Like Post Reply
ยอดเยี่ยม Offline
ลักเมา

Likes Given: 116
มีคนพูดว่ามีกลุ่มคนไทย 3 คนที่เล่นเพลงของ Crosby, Stills and Nash
ได้ดีที่สุดในเมืองไทย แต่ตอนนี้แยกวงไปแล้ว
ผมยังไม่เคยดูครับ ไม่ทราบว่าลุง Nap ได้ยินข่าวแบบนี้บ้างหรือเปล่า Cool

ส่วน Beatlenuts ผมเคยไปดูลุงๆวงนี้เล่นประมาณ 3 ครั้งแล้ว
ถ้าผมอ้างว่ารู้จักลุง Nap แล้วขอเข้าดูฟรีครั้งหน้าได้มั๊ยครับ Big Grin
04-11-2010, 23:16
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(04-11-2010, 23:16)ยอดเยี่ยม Wrote: มีคนพูดว่ามีกลุ่มคนไทย 3 คนที่เล่นเพลงของ Crosby, Stills and Nash
No I haven't heard anything about them, I cut myself off from Thai music scene for so long. Now I'm curious about who were they? And I don't blame them for broken up, I imagine it's very hard to make a living playing CSN songs especially in ThailandRolleyes

Certainly, introduce youself to Jod or Chai first, tell them you know Nop (Los Angeles)Big Grin

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
05-11-2010, 09:14
ยอดเยี่ยม Offline
ลักเมา

Likes Given: 116
(05-11-2010, 09:14)napman Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 23:16)ยอดเยี่ยม Wrote: มีคนพูดว่ามีกลุ่มคนไทย 3 คนที่เล่นเพลงของ Crosby, Stills and Nash

No I haven't heard anything about them, I cut myself off from Thai music scene for so long.
Now I'm curious about who were they? And I don't blame them for broken up,
I imagine it's very hard to make a living playing CSN songs especially in ThailandRolleyes

Certainly, introduce youself to Jod or Chai first, tell them you know Nop (Los Angeles)Big Grin

งั้นเอาคู่ Duo ที่เล่นเพลงของ Jim Croce ได้ดีที่สุดในประเทศไทยไปฟังก่อนครับ Tongue

06-11-2010, 01:01
Find Like Post Reply
Chad90 Offline

Likes Given: 1
[quote='napman' pid='129243' dateline='1288923278']
[quote='ยอดเยี่ยม' pid='129228' dateline='1288887403']
มีคนพูดว่ามีกลุ่มคนไทย 3 คนที่เล่นเพลงของ Crosby, Stills and Nash
No I haven't heard anything about them, I cut myself off from Thai music scene for so long. Now I'm curious about who were they? And I don't blame them for broken up, I imagine it's very hard to make a living playing CSN songs especially in ThailandRolleyes

เผอิญแวะเข้ามาอ่านกระทู้เก่า เจอกระทู้นี้เข้า และคิดว่าผมน่าจะเคยดูวงไทย 3 คนที่เล่น CSN ได้ดีที่สุดในเมืองไทย (จนถึงปัจจุบันนี้)
ผมคิดว่าน่าจะเป็นวงชื่อ นิด จิ ออ เป็นวงจากมหาวิทยาลัยธรรมศาสตร์ ผมบังเอิญได้ดูวงนี้ที่สนามกีฬาแห่งชาติ (ยิมเนเซียมที่ใช้เป็นสนามแข่งบาส)
น่าจะประมาณช่วงปี 2516-17 (1973-74) ตอนนั้นผมเรียนอยู่ ม.ศ. 3 หรือ 4 วันนั้นตั้งใจจะไปดูวง JACC Group ของวิศวจุฬา มีวง The Fox ด้วย
พอดีไปถึงสาย ตอนเดินเข้าไปเพื่อหาที่นั่ง ได้ยินเสียงวงดนตรีกำลังเล่นเพลง Carry On ของ CSN ซึ่งเป็นวงโปรดของผมด้วย
เสียงกีตาร์แน่นมาก ร้องประสานก็สุดยอด ผมต้องหยุดเดินและหยุดฟังจนจบเพลง เผอิญเป็นเพลงสุดท้ายด้วย คิดแล้วเสียดายมากที่ไปถึงสาย
สำหรับวงนี้ มี 3 คน เล่นกีตาร์โปร่ง ผมเพิ่งมารู้ช่วง 10 กว่าปีนี้เองว่า จิ ใน นิด จิ ออ คือ พี่ จิรพรรณ อังศวานนท์ ซึ่งจากนั้น พี่ จิรพรรณ ก็ไปอยู่ Fantacy Five, Triangle Lake, ภาคีวัดอรุณ, Butterfly ...
เมื่อวานเลยลอง google หาใน web เจอบทความ 2 เรื่องนี้เข้า กล่าวถึงวง นิด จิ ออ ที่ว่า ลองอ่านกันดูนะครับ

http://www.guitarthai.com/interview/jirapan/jirapan.asp
http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/201012...B9%89.html
11-06-2011, 10:01
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(11-06-2011, 10:01)Chad90 Wrote: http://www.guitarthai.com/interview/jirapan/jirapan.asp

Hi Chad,
I think I'm lucky enough to happened to see what you post hereCool
I left for USA in 1972 and missed all the actions that you talked about. I personally don't remember if I've ever met "Ji" but I remember that my old pal Ketaran Lertpipat (deceased) mentioned his name to me. KL was TU alumni just like me but I was academically 2 years older than him and he was in Econ. Faculty while I was in Acct. Fac.

From 1972 up to today, I only had a chance to meet KL just one more time when I went back to visit Thailand in early 90s (I think). I went to see him at "Grammy" and also met Ter for the last time besides Chai (Somchai Kamlertkul) and some others.

Thank you so much for posted this up, I realized that it doesn't mean much or even nothing to a lot of people. But it meant so much for me who broke away from Thailand so many years ago and also wondering what had happened to my friends and associates for the last 40 years of my life and still try to pick up the pieces that I have left off.

By The Way; my last rock band that I was the member before I left for USA was "The Thanks", and it was named by another member Jod (Krit Choktippatana who took this name from Joe Walse's song), does it ring any bell?Shy

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 23:35 by napman.)
11-06-2011, 21:41
Chad90 Offline

Likes Given: 1
(11-06-2011, 21:41)napman Wrote:
(11-06-2011, 10:01)Chad90 Wrote: http://www.guitarthai.com/interview/jirapan/jirapan.asp

Hi Chad,
I think I'm lucky enough to happened to see what you post hereCool
I left for USA in 1972 and missed all the actions that you talked about. I personally don't remember if I've ever met "Ji" but I remember that my old pal Ketaran Lertpipat (deceased) mentioned his name to me. KL was TU alumni just like me but I was academically 2 years older than him and he was in Econ. Faculty while I was in Acct. Fac.

From 1972 up to today, I only had a chance to meet KL just one more time when I went back to visit Thailand in early 90s (I think). I went to see him at "Grammy" and also met Ter for the last time besides Chai (Somchai Kamlertkul) and some others.

Thank you so much for posted this up, I realized that it doesn't mean much or even nothing to a lot of people. But it meant so much for me who broke away from Thailand so many years ago and also wondering what had happened to my friends and associates for the last 40 years of my life and still try to pick up the pieces that I have left off.

By The Way; my last rock band that I was the member before I left for USA was "The Thanks", and it was named by another member Jod (Krit Choktippatana who took this name from Joe Walse's song), does it ring any bell?Shy

Hi P'Nap
I just got back from Chiang Mai last nght and saw your response to my post today.
I am glad that the little piece of information I posted here helped bring back some good memory of your time in Thailand.

I am quite new to this web board. I just joined last month with the urging from Povation, my old friend from high school.
I'm normally just a viewer and rarely posting any comment. But, I really enjoy stories, tidbits of musical knowledge, and of course many performances from board members. Somehow, I just happend to come across this post and I thought that "Nid Ji Aor" might be the Thai band that น้ายอดเยี่ยม referred to. But, I could be wrong.

As for your last rock band, "The Thanks", I can't really recall it. But, again, my knowledge of Thai rock bands was quite limited. I was only in 8th or 9th grade in 1972. The rock bands that I knew back then were the ones that I heard on radio or saw on TV such as V.I.P., The Fox, and Kaleidoscope.

I do remember James Gang's Thanks though. I kinda imagine that your band played Funk #49 and then you just Walk(ed) Away and left for USA. Just kidding Smile

BTW, I followed the link to your youtube channel and listened to your acoustic rendition of Nantucket Sleigh Ride. Really love it. For Yasgur's Farm, next? Smile
13-06-2011, 19:29
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(13-06-2011, 19:29)Chad90 Wrote: As for your last rock band, "The Thanks", I can't really recall it. But, again, my knowledge of Thai rock bands was quite limited. I was only in 8th or 9th grade in 1972. The rock bands that I knew back then were the ones that I heard on radio or saw on TV such as V.I.P., The Fox, and Kaleidoscope.

I do remember James Gang's Thanks though. I kinda imagine that your band played Funk #49 and then you just Walk(ed) Away and left for USA. Just kidding Smile

BTW, I followed the link to your youtube channel and listened to your acoustic rendition of Nantucket Sleigh Ride. Really love it. For Yasgur's Farm, next? Smile

Hi again Chad,

It's getting interesting to me hereSmile

First I thought I was going to "chat" with you at your "PM", but then I thought I don't have any secret or any personal msg just for you, so I'll put them here and just make believe that we are sitting in a circle and exchanging or reminiscing our long-gone past to each other.Shy

I do know those "VIP", "The fox" and particulary "Kaleidoscope" quite well. And our "Thanks" was existed only 2-3 years before we went on our separated ways. We were 5 of us and now 2 of us passed on to their "Old home", one of us is nowhere to be found. The only one left on music scene in Thailand is "Jod" (Krit Chokthippatana). I myself got stranded at California and took deeper root over thereRolleyes

I'm glad that you're Pov's old friend. Povation is the person I highly respected and I remember he called me directly from Thailand (I think he wanted to check me out if I was for realBig Grin). And "Sarun" the other well-respected member here was the main instrumental that helped me find few of my long-lost old friends and particularly "Tom Kalei" who was Kaleidoscope's bass player and my closed friend when we played together at the same nightclub (The Impossible cafe) taking turn with "The Impossible" in late 60s to early 70s before I left for USA. And actually we played "Funk #49" and "Walk away" tooBig Grin If my brain serve me correctly I think Ter (Rewat Buddhinan sang the former and Jod sang the later)

Thanks for your "Nantucket S. R." comment, I'm really surprise that ANY Thai knows this song! And I'm willing to bet not too many Thai knows "Mountain"Sad

And guess what? We (The Thanks) also played " For Yasgur's farm"Big Grin It was sung by Ter, but he's no longer around and I'm very tempting to do this one for me in the near future (I'm quite busy hosting my brother-in-law who came over From Chiang Mai to visit us for 6 weeks and will be join by other brother-in-law from Chicago in a few days plus our lady friend from Chiang Mai, so not much time left for recording/uploading at YT for me at the moment). Just wait and see OK?Tongue

I'll finishing if off here, it's getting embarrass to keep talking about myself and the ancient history but what do you expect from an old man anyway, right????Shy

(This post was last modified: 13-06-2011, 21:07 by napman.)
13-06-2011, 21:00