Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teach Your Children
Chad90 Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: Teach Your Children
(13-06-2011, 21:00)napman Wrote: Thanks for your "Nantucket S. R." comment, I'm really surprise that ANY Thai knows this song! And I'm willing to bet not too many Thai knows "Mountain"Sad

And guess what? We (The Thanks) also played " For Yasgur's farm"Big Grin It was sung by Ter, but he's no longer around and I'm very tempting to do this one for me in the near future (I'm quite busy hosting my brother-in-law who came over From Chiang Mai to visit us for 6 weeks and will be join by other brother-in-law from Chicago in a few days plus our lady friend from Chiang Mai, so not much time left for recording/uploading at YT for me at the moment). Just wait and see OK?Tongue

I'll finishing if off here, it's getting embarrass to keep talking about myself and the ancient history but what do you expect from an old man anyway, right????Shy

Hi P' Nap,
I really enjoy chatting with you and love to hear more about the Thai music scene in the late 60s and early 70s.

Regardings the Mountains, I happen to be those "not too many Thais that knows 'Mountains'" Wink
I also know many of the songs from Woodstock and I am looking forward to your rendition of For Yasgur's farm. Smile

BTW, I will PM you information that might help you find your long lost band member.
13-06-2011, 22:52
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
(13-06-2011, 22:52)Chad90 Wrote: BTW, I will PM you information that might help you find your long lost band member.

Thanks so much Chad, I just read and responded to your PM. It's must be one of the BEST msg that I received this yearCool

And I attached "For Yasgur's farm" for anyone who happens to read this thread. And Chad you can somehow kind of imagine how "Thanks" played this song in the past, imagine how Ter sang this one with his unique voice, and I must personally say "Gor" (Chalermkiat Amornsingha) my lated lead guitar was one of the best guitarists that I've ever came across. He didn't miss a note in this song. I missed him dearly;
This song has a sad ironic meaning to it too. Felix Pappalardi and Gail Collins his wife (who did all the pretty artistic cover of "Mountain" albums) were the co-writers of this and eventually Gail shot Felix to death in San Francisco with the gun that Felix gave it to her. Felix was one of my bass player idol and I've learned a lot from him.

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2011, 03:15 by napman.)
14-06-2011, 01:44
Website Find Like Post Reply
Chad90 Offline

(14-06-2011, 01:44)napman Wrote:
(13-06-2011, 22:52)Chad90 Wrote: BTW, I will PM you information that might help you find your long lost band member.

Thanks so much Chad, I just read and responded to your PM. It's must be one of the BEST msg that I received this yearCool

And I attached "For Yasgur's farm" for anyone who happens to read this thread. And Chad you can somehow kind of imagine how "Thanks" played this song in the past, imagine how Ter sang this one with his unique voice, and I must personally say "Gor" (Chalermkiat Amornsingha) my lated lead guitar was one of the best guitarists that I've ever came across. He didn't miss a note in this song. I missed him dearly;
This song has a sad ironic meaning to it too. Felix Pappalardi and Gail Collins his wife (who did all the pretty artistic cover of "Mountain" albums) were the co-writers of this and eventually Gail shot Felix to death in San Francisco with the gun that Felix gave it to her. Felix was one of my bass player idol and I've learned a lot from him.

Hi P'Nap,
Just sent you a PM.

Thanks for posting the "For Yasgur's farm" video, one of my favorite Mountain's songs. With the musicians you have in your former band, I believe that you would cover this song quite well.

About Felix's untimely death, I don't really know much about him until you mentioned it. So, I checked him out on wiki. I am very impressed with his profile. What a lost.
14-06-2011, 20:29
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Thank you Chad, I've read your PM and replied. I considered you as another one of my guardian angels that being send to me from up aboveWink besides Povation and many others here.

Thanks again for everything you did for me, and we'll see how far it'll getCool
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
14-06-2011, 20:59
Chad90 Offline

(14-06-2011, 20:59)napman Wrote: Thank you Chad, I've read your PM and replied. I considered you as another one of my guardian angels that being send to me from up aboveWink besides Povation and many others here.

Thanks again for everything you did for me, and we'll see how far it'll getCool

You're welcome.
14-06-2011, 22:04
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

OK Chad, here's what I thought I'd postpone to do for you in a week or two after I come back from my mini-driving trip to Grand Canyon, Arizona, Las Vegas, Nevada, possibly Bryce Canyon, Utah and close-by vicinities that we'll start this coming Sunday.

I changed my mind and grabbed my Santa Cruz, put Zoom q3hd on tripod and started shooting right away. After so many many years of not playing this song it wouldn't help to try to practice for another few days anyway, and transposed from key of A to G that's less strain for my old throat compare to 40 years agoRolleyes

I know that you already knew the lyric of this song, but for the others who don't know. This is a song with very deep meaning for me and may be for few others too. So I put it up hereCool

FOR YASGUR'S FARM
Who am I but you and the sun. A sad reflection in everyone
Was it me who let you walk away? Were you the one. Or is it we're the same

What are we in time going by. The simple story of a younger life
Happy dreams and somehow through the day. We haven't come so far to lose our way

Look at me, I believe it's true. You're a part of me, I'm a part of you

Love is only what we come to knew. The waking, breathing and all with you
A crystal passing reflected in our eyes. Eclipsing all the jealousy and lies

Quiet as the voices in a dream. Without two shadows the things I've seen
Remember the evening I let you walk away. Were you the one. Or is it we're the same

(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011, 05:28 by napman.)
15-06-2011, 05:05
Chad90 Offline

(15-06-2011, 05:05)napman Wrote: OK Chad, here's what I thought I'd postpone to do for you in a week or two after I come back from my mini-driving trip to Grand Canyon, Arizona, Las Vegas, Nevada, possibly Bryce Canyon, Utah and close-by vicinities that we'll start this coming Sunday.

I changed my mind and grabbed my Santa Cruz, put Zoom q3hd on tripod and started shooting right away. After so many many years of not playing this song it wouldn't help to try to practice for another few days anyway, and transposed from key of A to G that's less strain for my old throat compare to 40 years agoRolleyes

I know that you already knew the lyric of this song, but for the others who don't know. This is a song with very deep meaning for me and may be for few others too. So I put it up hereCool

FOR YASGUR'S FARM
Who am I but you and the sun. A sad reflection in everyone
Was it me who let you walk away? Were you the one. Or is it we're the same

What are we in time going by. The simple story of a younger life
Happy dreams and somehow through the day. We haven't come so far to lose our way

Look at me, I believe it's true. You're a part of me, I'm a part of you

Love is only what we come to knew. The waking, breathing and all with you
A crystal passing reflected in our eyes. Eclipsing all the jealousy and lies

Quiet as the voices in a dream. Without two shadows the things I've seen
Remember the evening I let you walk away. Were you the one. Or is it we're the same

WOW WOW WOW!!!
Thanks for posting it. I replayed it 3 times already. Really love it. My favorite Mountain's song.
I believe that the meaning of this song touches on quite a few people on this board. Well, at least it does on me.

I've never been to Grand Canyon myself, despite living in CA for 10 years.
I wish you all have a safe and enjoyable trip to all those places.
Take lots of picturesSmile
15-06-2011, 07:40
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(15-06-2011, 07:40)Chad90 Wrote: I've never been to Grand Canyon myself, despite living in CA for 10 years.
I wish you all have a safe and enjoyable trip to all those places.
Take lots of picturesSmile

Ah ha!! Now I have an idea why your English is so goodRolleyes
But actually some of my friends who've been living in CA for so many years still have their English as good (or should I say as bad) as the first year they arrivedBig Grin

You got me curious about your 10 years in CA now.

May I ask where did you reside in CA? When was it? And why you were there? But please feel free to ignore all of my curiousity if you don't want to reveal them.

I guess you were mainly so busy about your education in those 10 years and didn't have time to go places. I've been so many places because travelling is also one of my life's passions among the others.
I've been to Grand Canyon so many times that I lost count but I still remember the first 3 times that I backpacked down to Havasupai Indian Reservation at the Southern part of Grand Canyon. Those 3 trips are so memorable in its own way. It was about 10 miles one way from Wualapai hill top and you can imagine how hard it was on the way back upTongue But those are another different stories here!

Thanks for your wishing for our trips. But I don't think I'll take a lot of pictures, franky I really don't have any clue how to take a good picture you know!

If I can find just one of the (good) picture at my Photobucket archive, I'll put it up here for you guys to see.

And I found it! This is the view of "Mt. Whitney" that I backpacked up few years ago. I like this picture and it certainly a true kind of "Every picture tells a story" :-)

Photobucket

(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011, 11:23 by napman.)
15-06-2011, 11:13
Chad90 Offline

(15-06-2011, 11:13)napman Wrote: You got me curious about your 10 years in CA now.

May I ask where did you reside in CA? When was it? And why you were there? But please feel free to ignore all of my curiousity if you don't want to reveal them.

Thanks for posting the picture. It's quite a breathtaking view of Mt. Whitney.

Here is the answer your questions:
I went to USA in Dec 1981 to study, lived in Detroit for 2 years from 1982-1983, before moving to Sacramento in 1984 to further my study, and worked their until Feb 1994.

During my time in Sacramento, I was quite busy with my work, never took any vacation. However, I did go to Bay area quite often and occationally went up to Lake Tahoe.

Your trekking to Grand Canyon sounds exciting.Cool I wish I had done that while I was there.
I wish to visit Grand Canyon someday though, but just don't know when Wink

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011, 13:05 by Chad90.)
15-06-2011, 22:46
Find Like Post Reply
oogma Offline

Likes Given: 0
แวะเข้ามาฟังด้วยคร้าบ
28-05-2013, 07:03