Microtone Offline

Likes Given: 0
Songs/Tunes With Twangy Guitar
James Bond 007

Magnet and Steel (Walter Egan)

Baby Please Come Home (U2)

Ghost Riders in the Sky (Duane Eddy)

Galveston (Glen Campbell)

Ringo's Theme, (This Boy) - From the movie, A Hard Day's Night.

The Ballad Of Paladin (Duane Eddy)

The Guns Of Navarone (Al Caiola)

Shazam (Duane Eddy)

3:30 Blues (Duane Eddy)

Cannonball Rag (Duane Eddy)

[Image: ngsarah03.jpg]
16-10-2009, 22:14
Find Like Post Reply
pood Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 13
RE: Songs/Tunes With Twangy Guitar
ฟังแล้วตาสว่างเลยครับ

เมื่อก่อนนี้ถ้าใครพูดเรื่อง "Twang" ผมก็นึกถึงแต่ "Tele Twang" ที่แหลมบางและมีหางเสียง "แหว่วๆๆ" แต่พอใด้ดูคลิปชุดนี้ไม่เห็นมีเสียง Tele เลยซักตัวแต่เลยชักเริ่มเข้าใจความหมายของ Twang ว่ากีต้าร์เสียงหนามันก็ทำใด้เหมือนกัน

คราวนี้ก็เลยอยากรู้ขึ้นมาว่ากีต้าร์ที่บ้านตัวไหนมัน twang บ้าง ตัวแรกที่ลองคือ Gretsch 6128T-57 ที่น่าจะเป็นตัวที่ George ใช้ใน Ringo's theme (ตอนนั้นยังไม่ใด้ซื้อ 6122) ปรากฏว่ามัน twang จริงๆด้วยแต่ไม่เคยสังเกตุเพราะไม่เคบใช้ pickup ตัวหลัง เริ่มตาสว่างขึ้นมานิดแล้วครับ

เหยื่อรายต่อมาที่ลองคือ 6120 ที่ Duane Eddy ใช้แต่ตัวของผมมันไม่ยอม twang เพราะผมดันใส่สาย flat wound ไว้ตั้งแต่ซื้อมาใหม่ๆ ผมเลยตัดสายเก่าทิ้งแล้วเปลี่ยนเป็น round wound คราวนี้ใด้เสียง twang เต็มๆเลยครับ

ตอนนี้ตีสามแล้วผมยังหาทางที่จะทำให้ Les Paul มัน twang ไม่เจอเลยครับแต่ช่างมันเหอะเพราะผมเพิ่งนึกออกว่าผมไม่ใด้ชอบเสียง twang นี่หว่า

พรุ่งนี้คงต้องเปลี่ยนสายกลับไปเป็น flat wound ใหม่สองตัวเลย (6120, 6122) สายเก่าก็ดันตัดทิ้งไปแล้วด้วย พี่ microtone มาเมืองไทยเมื่อไหร่ซื้อสายมาฝากผมสองชุดด้วยเพราะเรื่องนี้เป็นความผิดของพี่คนเดียว
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2009, 03:18 by pood.)
17-10-2009, 03:16
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Songs/Tunes With Twangy Guitar
Here for W@@dro and Pood,

Looks like Tele to me Big Grin

Well guys, I looked deeper into his profile (Mytwangyguitar) and found this

"What kind of guitar is that?"
?The orange Tele style guitar is a Warmoth neck on a Chandler chambered body. The pickups are Lindy Fralin 'Stock Tele' set.

So I'm half right, I guess?

And; This is for YOU W@@dro, man, I wish I could convince you to get back to guitars with these following lines. Leave something for us man, while you can. Can you hear me???????

"What amp are you using?"
? I'm not using an amp in most videos except where it is indicated. To keep from disturbing my family and neighbors, I use a Line 6 Gearbox Gold. Many people feel duped when I reply. The fact is, if you know what you are doing, you can get an excellent tone. In addition to this, I couldn't possibly own all of the amps and effects to produce all of the tones in my videos. I have a vintage Fender amplifier collection that is gathering dust.

Last but not least, hey W@@dro you've got to see this one man!!!!!!!!

His profile is interesting, you might want to check it out. And you know what? My eyes tell me that his hands and fingers are not belong to Caucasian!
Napmandu
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2009, 05:36 by napman.)
17-10-2009, 04:53
Website Find Like Post Reply