Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ใครเล่น tennis บ้างครับ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: ใครเล่น tennis บ้างครับ
Well, I guess I play tennis tooRolleyes

Quite a long story but I'll try to make it short!

I started when I was 33 years old, not because I liked it but because I just quitted playing soccer and also my wife already played tennis when we first met a year before.

So I said to myself "What the heck, what have I got to lose?". And the more I played the more I found out that it's harder than I thought it was.
And that encouraged me to keep at it and got addicted to it.Shy

There's a Thai tennis player (Aroon Sriboonruang, he's now 96 years young!) that represented Thailand in the international tennis competitions, and he was very active and there's another Thai basketball player (Veerachai Tanasugarn, who is the father of Tamarine Tanasugarn the first professional Thai lady tennis player as you may know after semi-pro Ashara Moranon) that also represented Thailand in the international basketball competitions and he started to play tennis and he has 4 kids that he also encouraged them to play tennis too.

I got acquainted with them and the others, and we formed and promoted the first Thai tennis tournament in Southern California together around 1981?

There's one funny but painful story (for my wife) when Tammy (Tamarine Tanasugarn) showed up at one of our Thai tennis tournaments and played singles against my wife when she was about 9 years old. Result? double bagel! 6-0, 6-0 of course.Tongue

I'm now 62 and still enjoy playing tennis but much less often than before. When I first started we lived in San Fernando valley and played at Arleta public tennis courts that only few miles from Wat Thai in North Hollywood. I moved away about 20 years ago but still go back to enjoy tennis and old friends at that park almost every Sunday. Wink
When I thought about it, it's such an incredible thing that we still stick together for almost 30 years at that particular courts at that park. Of course some has gone, some has died, some new friends has come to carry on our tennis tradition (hacking tennis!) and by the way Paradorn Srichaphan and Danai Udomchoke and some others Thai tennis players were at those courts every time they went to Los Angeles. We befriended with them and helping them out as much as we could when they were in Southern California on their tennis tournament matches and they also stayed at one of our friend's house (Granada hills) that's not very far from Arleta.

Photobucket
The one at the right was his older brother and coach (just in case you don't know) and the lady next to him is my wife who had the honorary privilege to get beaten by Tammy, and I'm sure I wouldn't be any better if I've had play Tammy instead!!!!5555.

It's getting too long now, you guys might get bored of my ancient stories.Sad

I'll be in BKK by the end of this November for my 3 month vacation in Thailand, but I don't know if I want to take my racket and my tennis shoes with me or not?. I plan to stay mainly at Chiangmai and travel around for 3 months and catch the plane back to Calif. on Feb. 20th at Suvannapume International air port. So catch me if you canBig Grin

P.S. I uploaded some at YouTube at the beginning of this year, just search for "napmantennis", there are some pros and some hackers in there too for you to laugh at!
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2009, 01:33 by napman.)
02-10-2009, 00:00
Website Find Like Post Reply
djtar Offline

Likes Given: 0
ผมเล่นครับ แต่หยุดมา 3 เดือน เลี้ยงลูก
กำลังจะกลับไปเล่นในเร็ววันนี้
เล่นอยู่ที่นครสวรรค์ครับ
02-10-2009, 01:24
Find Like Post Reply
custom Offline

Likes Given: 7
Smile เล่นอยู่ที่สนามจิระนคร หาดใหญ่ครับ หากมีโอกาสพาชมรมมาแข่งกันครับ เดี๋ยวทางนี้ดูแลให้เองครับWink
....คนเรา ถ้าพอใจในความต้องการ ก็มีความโลภน้อย เมื่อมีความโลภน้อย ก็เบียดเบียนคนอื่นน้อย....
(พระราชดำรัส..04/12/41)
02-10-2009, 08:52
Find Like Post Reply
ไข่ไก่ Offline

Likes Given: 31
มัวแต่ถามเขา เราลืมบอก
ผมเล่นอยู่กระทรวงสาธารณสุขครับ 18.00-20.00 น
ถ้าผ่านไปเชิญนะครับ เรียกหาไข่ไก่ได้เลย เขารู้จักกันทั้งสนาม
02-10-2009, 10:01
Find Like Post Reply