Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yosemite, mini-trip
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Yosemite, mini-trip
I promised that I will put a thread about this trip, so here I am even if it's only small portion of what I first planned to do. But like they say things hardly go as planned. So here's the mini one that I still enjoy it more or less.

And certainly hope that you guys will enjoy it too, if I can make one of my friends here happy I'd consider myself that my mission is accomplished.

We planned to be here with friends and our daughter and her family but they couldn?t make it as planned. So here we are alone-together again after 30 years of togetherness as man and wife and that's not a bad thing neither.

So when we got there I had to scrape my plan of going up to Half Dome. Because it?d take at least 10-12 hrs to accomplish that and I don?t think it?s nice to leave my wife at the valley floor alone even if she said it?s OK with her.

We brought along our 2 bikes so we can bike around, there?re so many trails for you to explore until you drop down there besides taking free shuttle bus or simply walking around. So many bike and hiking trails and people of all ages tremendously enjoy their biking/hiking around.

The weather was very warm around mid 90s in day time and nicely cool at night, no mosquitos around. So quite a lot of kids and young at hearts can be found in Merced river and at Mirror lake or at Happy Isles to cool themselves off by the cold water that actually melted from snow up on the mountains.

I biked around almost all day and occasionally with my wife because she?s not that strong to do it all day and you will understand if you are a lady at 60 years of age!

This is my bike and me at the SMALL tree by the side of the road around Mirror lake area.
Photobucket

I biked to Happy Isles which is the gateway up to those wonderful places as this sign said.
Photobucket

Here?re just few pics at Happy Isles area.
Photobucket

I guess this kid just pondering what the heck he's going to do when he's growing up to be an adult like the others!
Photobucket

From that point, I parked my bike and hiked up to Vernal fall bridge and not much water at this time of this year.
I hiked up the famous Mist trail but not a single drop of mist at this time. You will definitely get soak and wet in May or June here!
Here?re some pics of the trail.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here?s the dripping water Vernal fall itself.
Photobucket

I kept on climbing up to the top of Vernal fall, and here?s what I saw when looking down. (This was the spot where I scattered my Dad's ashes down the fall in July after he passed away in June 1995 because I knew in my heart that he'd love to be here. so part of him is here forever)
Photobucket

I just walked around to see the Emerald pond my favorite swimming spot. And took my time hanging around enjoy the scenery and stuffs.
And here it was.
Photobucket

In all I took about 100 pics and few of Videos but put only about 10 pics so you guys can easily see them in here because Muk said it takes longer to download pics in Thailand than in USA.

I went down to our camp site at Upper/Lower Pines (we got 2 nights at Upper and 1 night at Lower due to extremely hard to reserve the site condition) and went down to Merced river, wading, watching kids and old people of all ages enjoyed themselves in the river. Here?re one of the views there.

Photobucket

And here some of Mirror lake view with not much water but still enough for people to wading and swimming.
Photobucket

Well, this is just a simple and really mini-trip for these 3 days of relaxation, there are so many things for active people to have fun in this one-of-a-kind valley.
For me I've already expended 30 years of my life for at least once a year over there and still not getting tire of it.
So many trails to hike, to bike, so many places that you can literally get lost and would never be found all by yourself, with your loved ones or with your family,
I've been there every seasons of the year and each of them gave me so many good memories to cherish when I get too old to do these physical stuffs.
But I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of at least dream about "My personal playground" in my death bed whenever that will come and I'll be gone with smile on my face.
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2009, 09:41 by napman.)
14-08-2009, 04:28
Website Find Like Post Reply
yodLove Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Yosemite, mini-trip
สวยมากครับน้า อิจฉาน้าnapมากเลยที่มีโอกาสไปพักผ่อนในที่อย่างนี้
แต่SMALL tree ของน้าแถวบ้านผมเขาเรียกโค..ตะ..ระใหญ่เลยครับ
Everything must change
All thing must pass.
Big Grin
14-08-2009, 04:42
Find Like Post Reply
povation Offline
Roundback

Likes Given: 328
ขอบคุณครับที่นำรูปปัจจุบันมาลงให้ผมอยากมากขึ้น
ธรรมชาติที่สวยงามสดชื่น และไม่เคยเปลี่ยนความคิด ผมจะต้องพาครอบครัวไปจอยกับน้าnapmanให้ได้ครับ
ปีหน้า..ปีหน้า..เก็บเงิน..เก็บเงิน..
All I Have
The dreams come true
Facebook : Povation NH
14-08-2009, 06:55
Tai Labour Offline
ป๊อก8 2 เด้ง

Likes Given: 47
ต้นไม้ใหญ่เยอะแยะเลย ถ้าเป็นแถวบ้านผม ป่านนี้ถูกตัดมาเผาถ่านแล้วเอาไปย่างปลาเรียบร้อยแล้ว...คุ้ม!
พื้นที่ว่างบริเวณรอบๆ ก็น่าจะทำประโยชน์ได้อีกมากมาย เช่นขายไก่ย่าง ส้มตำ ปักร่ม วางเก้าอี้ผ้าใบ สร้างเพิงหมาแหงนติดไฟแว๊บๆ ทำบาร์เบียร์...ฯลฯ Tongue

เฮ้อ...ดูแล้วสดชื่นแต่เช้าเลย ....ขอบคุณมากครับพี่ Nap ที่นำภาพสวยๆ มาให้ชมแกล้มข้าว+น้ำพริกปลาทู มื้อเช้า Big Grin
============ เพื่อความบันเทิง =============

(This post was last modified: 14-08-2009, 10:30 by Tai Labour.)
14-08-2009, 08:35
Maew Offline

What a nostalgia!

เห้อ น้านะน้า..ชอบมาลงยั่วผมอยู่เรื่อย
" Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. "
- Dale Carnegie
14-08-2009, 08:44
Find Like Post Reply
lekleklek Offline
VIP rachada member

Likes Given: 50
ป่า เขา น้ำตก ส้มตำ ไก่ย่าง นี่มันสวรรค์ชัดๆเลยครับ
14-08-2009, 10:43
Find Like Post Reply
Webmaster Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 310
สวยจังครับ บรรยากาศดีมาก
14-08-2009, 16:16
myakira Offline
NPFC - Na Ping Fan Club

ฝากไว้ก่อนครับน้า nap Smile
อภัยทาน คือการให้ทานสูงสุด
Seek for understand, then to be understood

One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me ?
When will love be through with me ?

17-08-2009, 19:03
Grid.. Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 33
สวยมากเลยครับ.. อยากไปเที่ยวธรรมชาติแบบนี้มั่งจัง.. Smile
17-08-2009, 19:19
nit gt Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 1
สวยมาก ๆ ครับ..

(14-08-2009, 10:43)lekleklek Wrote: ป่า เขา น้ำตก ส้มตำ ไก่ย่าง นี่มันสวรรค์ชัดๆเลยครับ
ของ น้า นั่นมัน วังตะไคร้ แล้ว....ฉิ่งฉับทัวร์ + ผู้ใช้แรงงานเมา อยู่ข้างน้ำตก อารมณ์ นั้นเลย
17-08-2009, 22:26
Find Like Post Reply