Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: guitar ที่ใช้double topเป็นยังไงหรือครับ
Hi Noname,

I found this at AGF, and Paul Woolson put this one there, so here it is;

What the heck is a double top?
The term ?double top? had been thrown around for a few years now. In its current form, it?s relatively new technology. However, classical builders have been used the original form of the double top for decades. The concept of a double-topped guitar is pretty simple: Sandwich a thin layer of aerospace honeycomb material between two very thin tops (or skins as we call them in our shop). This is done in a vacuum process, which creates a very stiff and stable soundboard. The main advantage to this structure is that the top can be built very lightly braced and still remain structurally sound. A lighter top allows more energy from the strings to turn into sound. The final result, in its very simplistic form, is a louder guitar.

In the hands of a knowledgeable and experienced builder, that volume is carried throughout all of the strings, giving the guitar a rich, loud and even tone.

Currently, I?m in the middle of a very interesting experiment. I sent a double-topped guitar out on the road to be tested, played, reviewed and recorded by some of the finest guitarists around. The goal is to produce a CD of diverse players, playing very different music all on one guitar. I had no idea what kind of response I would get because the sound of a double top is unique compared to a standard ?off the shelf? guitar. In my mind, it was a great guitar. However these musicians are playing some of the finest guitars on the planet. It?s a little intimidating to say the least.

So far, the results have been overwhelming.

Following are a few of the high-praise reviews this guitars has seen:

I can?t say enough good things about that guitar; really, really impressive. It really plays like a dream, one of the nicest necks I?ve played, and the sound is distinctive and superb. This is an amazing leap forward. I?m sure you know I have some top-notch guitars, and this one stands as at least an equal to any of them. In fact, I didn?t touch any of them the whole time the guitar was here.

Doug Young,
Mountain View, Calif.

[This guitar has] tons of dynamic range, with a pure, responsive tone from quietest to loudest playing ... Strong, smooth tone from the trebles, and a fairly balanced bass response, with the bass being focused (as it should be) rather than flabby ...

Larry Pattis,
Creswell, Ore.

This is one of the most beautiful guitars I have seen ... This guitar has a very smooth tone with nice fat and warm trebles all the way up the neck. The high E string is nearly as full sounding as the B string next to it and the G string next to that ... Interestingly, even with the cedar top, one can really play loudly with a lot of energy without the tone going south at all.

Derek Coombs,
San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Visit http://www.roadtripguitar.com for more reviews, photos and sound files of this double-topped road trip guitar.

I'm sure his article will clarify some of your questions.Cool
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
20-07-2009, 07:31
Website Find Like Post Reply
ไข่ไก่ Offline

Likes Given: 31
ใน classical guitar มีทั้ง double top และ double back เลยครับ
กีตาร์พวกนี้จะเป็นงาน hand made ทั้งหมด เทคนิคการทำของช่างแต่ละยี่ห้อก็จะไม่เหมือนกัน
วัสดุที่อยู่ระหว่างชั้น ตลอดจน bracing ก็แล้วแต่ว่าใครจะคิดค้นออกมา
แต่ที่แน่ ๆ คือราคาแพงมาก บางตัวราคาเป็นล้าน แล้วเนื่องจากเป็นงานสั่งทำล้วน ๆ
ส่วนใหญ่จะเป็น hand made โดยช่างคนเดียวทุกชิ้นส่วน ดังนั้นถ้าคุณสั่งทำก็ต้องรอ
บางครั้งอาจรอ 6 เดือน หรือบางยี่ห้อที่นักกีตาร์ระดับโลกใช้ อาจรอ 3-5 ปีกว่าจะถึงคิวของคุณ
และเนื่องจาก (อีกแล้ว) sound board เป็นแผ่นบางมาก บางทีบางเหมือนกระดาษ
การเก็บรักษาจึงยากมาก อุณหภูมิ ความชื้น ไม่พอเหมาะ ก็จะแตกปริได้ง่าย
ผมเคยคุยกับช่าง เขาบอกว่าบางที่เขาต้องผสมวัสดุเคลือบทับหน้าให้เหมาะกับค่าเฉลี่ยของลูกค้า
ประเทศนั้น ๆ เลย
20-07-2009, 10:55
Find Like Post Reply
gman Offline

Likes Given: 6
เป็นแบบที่น้า napman ยกมาอธิบายครับ
นี่เป็นกระทู้เก่าที่มีการพูดถึงเรื่องนี้ครับ http://www.nimitguitar.com/mybb/showthre...ight=nomex
เดี๋ยวนี้เริ่มมีการใช้วิธีนี้มากขึ้นในกีตาร์สายเหล็กแล้วครับ
20-07-2009, 13:04
Find Like Post Reply
Son Guitar Offline

Likes Given: 0
ผมเคยเห็นของจริงมาแล้ว จากช่างรักษ์ ต่างประเทศขายกันตัวละหลายล้าน แต่ของเขาขายไม่ถึงแสน เขาบอกว่าของเขาเรียกว่าเป็น lattice (รังผึ้ง) ไอเดียจากช่างออสเตเลีย(Greg Smallman)สำหรับในออสเตเลียจะนิยมทำกันแบบนี้เกือบทั้งหมด ใช้ไม้จำนวนมากกว่าสองตัวขึ้นไปทำกีต้าร์ได้แค่หนึ่งตัวเท่านั้น
แต่ละชั้นส่วนประกอบภายในจะแตกต่างกันไปจากช่างอื่นๆ เป็นเอกลักษณ์ของแต่ละช่าง ช่างไทยส่วนมากที่เคยทำแล้วจะไม่ดัง
ดับเบิ้ลท็อปส่วนมากจะใช้เป็นนอแม็ก(Nomax) ส่วนมากเขาก็เรียกกันว่าเป็น All Solid เพราะว่าใช้ไม้จริงทำทั้งหมด แล้วก็เป็น Hand Made ด้วยครับ
ส่วนเรื่องเสียงเท่าที่ผมเห็นคุณเลอองมาลองวันนั้น เสียงจะเน้นไปทางด้านเสียงหนา ดังกังวาล จากไม้Cedar แต่ช่างรักษ์บอกผมว่าถ้าทำเป็นไม้ Spruce เสียงออกมาหวาน นุ่น เล่นแล้วไม่อยากวางครับ อันนี้ก็ต้องลองของจริงกันเองด้วยครับ
26-07-2009, 21:26
Find Like Post Reply