Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mt. Whitney, here I come
myakira Offline
NPFC - Na Ping Fan Club

Likes Given: 0
RE: Mt. Whitney, here I come
โห..โห..โห...บอกได้คำเดียวว่าอิจฉาตาร้อน
ว่าแต่..ลุยกันขนาดนี้น้า Nap ยังเรียกว่าเป็นแค่ semi-adventure ถ้าให้มุกไปเดินเองอาจจะมีแรงได้ไม่ถึงครึ่งทาง เพราะที่เคยผ่านมาเมื่อเทียบกับน้า Nap แล้วเป็นแค่ supersemi-adventure เท่านั้นเองขอรับ :-p
อภัยทาน คือการให้ทานสูงสุด
Seek for understand, then to be understood

One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me ?
When will love be through with me ?

10-07-2009, 23:49
Website Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
(10-07-2009, 23:49)myakira Wrote: โห..โห..โห...บอกได้คำเดียวว่าอิจฉาตาร้อน
ว่าแต่..ลุยกันขนาดนี้น้า Nap ยังเรียกว่าเป็นแค่ semi-adventure ถ้าให้มุกไปเดินเองอาจจะมีแรงได้ไม่ถึงครึ่งทาง เพราะที่เคยผ่านมาเมื่อเทียบกับน้า Nap แล้วเป็นแค่ supersemi-adventure เท่านั้นเองขอรับ :-p

Hi Muk,
On the same token, I envied you about your "Tuktsang Monastery" trekking. You are stong particularly for a lady like you Muk. Tongue

But frankly this Whitney was a real semi-adventure because I just hiked around with not that much elevation gained and only about 25 lb pack on my back (and that included 1 gallon of fresh water or 10 lb in weight). As you may know, the weight on your back plays big role in your hiking and it's second from the elevation/altitude from the sea level that plays the biggest role. When you get up to 12,000 ft above sea level you will likely feel like you can't really breathe no matter how hard you try to breathe in because the oxygen is getting less and less when you go up higher and higher. (Now I feel like a grass hopper tries to teach the Master since you are "Chemical Engineer" by trade!)

There were times that I had about 50 lb on my back when I did those backpacking trips and I am only 5 ft 7 inch (168 cm) and 125 lb until 2 years ago that I ballooned up to 135 lb. (now I'm down to 130 lb, thanks God!)

As a rule of thumb, backpacker shouldn't carry more than 1/3 of his/her body weight, so I broke the rule right there because I was so small and light. And I think that was ultimately too tough for my body, but I was younger/stronger/stupider, didn't know any better, and got no other choice.Big Grin

Anyway those days are gone for me, now I'm just a little old man with wide-eyes of children that still in awe of the wonders of nature! If you happen to hike with me I'm pretty sure you will outhike, outrun, and definitely outlive me in our lives, Muk.Tongue

Glad you enjoyed my trip and thanks for letting me know about it.
Hi guys,

Anyone wants to do me a favor here?Rolleyes

I remember "Pood" once said that it normally takes longer to get on the post (via Internet) like we have here, in BKK than in USA.

And since I attached quite a a lot of pics and even Video clips in my Posts, so if you may, please chime in and let me know if you're having difficulty or slower respond time in trying to read/see my post so I can do it better in the future.

Your responses will be much appreciated.Wink
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 05:51 by napman.)
11-07-2009, 05:32
myakira Offline
NPFC - Na Ping Fan Club

Likes Given: 0
(11-07-2009, 05:32)napman Wrote: Anyway those days are gone for me, now I'm just a little old man with wide-eyes of children that still in awe of the wonders of nature! If you happen to hike with me I'm pretty sure you will outhike, outrun, and definitely outlive me in our lives, Muk.Tongue

I remember "Pood" once said that it normally takes longer to get on the post (via Internet) like we have here, in BKK than in USA.

อึ้งเลย...แบกขึ้นเขาเข้าไปได้ไงอ้ะคะ ตั้ง 50 lb
ตอนที่มุกขึ้น Taktsang มีแค่เสื้อหนาว น้ำ ร่ม กับขนมแก้หิวอีกนิดหน่อย ไม่งั้นคงไม่มีปัญญาขึ้นไปแน่ๆ ...แล้วก็...Tell you what, ปากเสียๆ อย่างมุกนี่สงสัยว่าจะไม่ได้ definitely outlive นะคะ Big Grin

net ที่ศรีราชาช้ามาก แต่ที่กรุงเทพฯ ไม่แน่ใจค่ะ ..เคยไปเล่นที่อเมริกาจำได้ว่าไวมาก click ปุ๊บ มาปั๊บ..ประมาณนั้น
อภัยทาน คือการให้ทานสูงสุด
Seek for understand, then to be understood

One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me ?
When will love be through with me ?

12-07-2009, 22:43
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
[quote='myakira'
net ที่ศรีราชาช้ามาก แต่ที่กรุงเทพฯ ไม่แน่ใจค่ะ ..เคยไปเล่นที่อเมริกาจำได้ว่าไวมาก click ปุ๊บ มาปั๊บ..ประมาณนั้น
[/quote]

Hi Muk,
I'll take your words for it (as usual), you're so gracious and helpful (as always)Shy
I'll delete most of the add-on pictures out, so anyone who strays in here in the future will be able to get in and enjoy this post faster.

BTW; May I ask where/when/why you were in States? If you don't mindWink
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
17-07-2009, 11:10