Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those were the day. SURPRISE!!!
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Those were the day. SURPRISE!!!
I didn't know the originality of this song, but now I do!
Did you know this before? Pood Rolleyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX2sVv3yYgE

Let me add the "English lyric" here;

Those Were The Days

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

**Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say **

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me **

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same **
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 08:29 by napman.)
05-07-2009, 07:55
Website Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Those were the day. SURPRISE!!!
(05-07-2009, 07:55)napman Wrote: I didn't know the originality of this song, but now I do!
Did you know this before? Pood Rolleyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX2sVv3yYgE

I didn't know but I'm not surprised. It has elements of Gypsy music most likely of Russian descent. I've been listening to their music and studying the culture for awhile now. One of the most underrated music & culture on earth. Some people don't know that Flamenco belongs to Gypsies and not Spanish.
[Image: ngsarah03.jpg]
08-07-2009, 16:12
Find Like Post Reply
pood Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 13
เพลงนี้เป็นเพลงโปรดของผมครับเลยทราบว่า Paul เอาทำนองมาจากเพลง Russia แต่ใส่เนื้อเอง

ที่ตลกก็คือเพลงนี้ใน original version มีชื่อว่า ??????? ??????? ("By a long road" or "along a long road") ผมเลยชักสงสัยว่าตา Paul แกเอาเนื้อของเพลงนี้ไปใส่ทำนองแล้วแต่งออกมาเป็น "The Long and Winding Road" ด้วยหรือเปล่า
10-07-2009, 15:52
Find Like Post Reply
myakira Offline
NPFC - Na Ping Fan Club

ตอนเด็กๆ เคยได้ยินเพลงนี้โดยบังเอิญ แถมยังเป็นการได้ยินแบบผ่านๆ แต่ก็ชอบ melody มากจนจำได้ถึงทุกวันนี้ สารภาพค่ะว่าเพิ่งรู้ว่าเพลงนี้ชื่อ Those were the day -.-"

น้าๆ เปิดประเด็นเพลง Russia เลยนึกถึงเพลงโปรดอีกเพลงหนึ่งที่ชื่อ ??????? ???? (Polyushko Pole)
ครั้งแรกที่ได้ยินเป็น version ของ Origa (Ol'ga Vital'evna Yakovleva) ชอบ melody มาก ชอบเนื้อเสียงของ Origa การเรียบเรียงดนตรี รวมทั้งสำเนียงของภาษา Russia จนนึกอยากเรียนภาษาเพื่อร้องเพลงนี้เลยทีเดียว

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5fCjbYW8c
อภัยทาน คือการให้ทานสูงสุด
Seek for understand, then to be understood

One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me ?
When will love be through with me ?

10-07-2009, 23:24
napman Offline
VIP member

(10-07-2009, 23:24)myakira Wrote: ตอนเด็กๆ เคยได้ยินเพลงนี้โดยบังเอิญ แถมยังเป็นการได้ยินแบบผ่านๆ แต่ก็ชอบ melody มากจนจำได้ถึงทุกวันนี้ สารภาพค่ะว่าเพิ่งรู้ว่าเพลงนี้ชื่อ Those were the day -.-"

น้าๆ เปิดประเด็นเพลง Russia เลยนึกถึงเพลงโปรดอีกเพลงหนึ่งที่ชื่อ ??????? ???? (Polyushko Pole)
ครั้งแรกที่ได้ยินเป็น version ของ Origa (Ol'ga Vital'evna Yakovleva) ชอบ melody มาก ชอบเนื้อเสียงของ Origa การเรียบเรียงดนตรี รวมทั้งสำเนียงของภาษา Russia จนนึกอยากเรียนภาษาเพื่อร้องเพลงนี้เลยทีเดียว

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5fCjbYW8c

Hi Muk,

How come you know so many types of song?
I mean at your age!

I'm getting curious about your "Music" education background.Sad

Or should I say "What's wrong with you" or may be I should rather said "What's RIGHT with you", my child Big Grin)

BTW; Thanks for sharing that Polyushko Pole video, very nice. I know nothing about Russian Language, may be one "Moscow"?

Now get to bed, you're up too late now!
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 23:43 by napman.)
10-07-2009, 23:34
myakira Offline
NPFC - Na Ping Fan Club

(10-07-2009, 23:34)napman Wrote: Hi Muk,

How come you know so many types of song?
I mean at your age!

I'm getting curious about your "Music" education background.Sad

Or should I say "What's wrong with you" or may be I should rather said "What's RIGHT with you", my child Big Grin)

BTW; Thanks for sharing that Polyushko Pole video, very nice. I know nothing about Russian Language, may be one "Moscow"?

Now get to bed, you're up too late now!

น้า Nap ใจดีจริง.. ถ้าเป็นคนอื่นคงแซวว่ามุกอุดมด้วยวัยวุฒิเป็นแน่แท้ ถึงได้รู้จักเพลงรุ่นเดียวกับน้าๆ Tongue

ถ้าพูดถึง Music education background ที่หมายถึงการเรียนในโรงเรียนจริงๆ คงไม่ได้มากกว่าเด็กนักเรียนสายวิทย์ทั่วไปที่เรียนวิชาดนตรีศึกษาสัปดาห์ละ 1 ชั่วโมงเท่านั้น แต่ถ้าหมายถึงการฟังเพลงจากแหล่งต่างๆ ก็อาจเรียกได้ว่ามากกว่าเด็กนักเรียนสายวิทย์โดยเฉลี่ยค่ะ เริ่มตั้งแต่ที่บ้าน คุณตาชอบเพลงไทยเดิม คุณพ่อชอบเพลง jazz คุณแม่ฟังเพลงไทย พี่ชายและตัวมุกเองเรียนเปียโนคลาสสิค หลายๆ เพลงก็ได้ยินมาจากภาพยนตร์ ละครเวที เพลงประกอบโฆษณา ฟังมันไปเรื่อยไม่เว้นแม้เพลง score ในภาพยนตร์หรือเกมส์ พวก world music ก็มีหลายแนวที่นิยมหามาฟังอยู่ ช่วงเรียนมหาวิทยาลัยก็เก็บตังค์ค่าขนมมาซื้อเทป peacock ม้วนละ 25 บาทเพื่อทดลองฟังเพลงใหม่ๆ ที่ไม่แน่ใจว่าจะชอบหรือเปล่า ถูกใจแล้วค่อยเก็บตังค์ไปซื้อของจริงอีกที

พอเริ่มทำงานก็เจอคนที่ชอบฟังเพลงเหมือนกัน ก็เอา CD มาแลกกันฟังทำให้รู้จักเพลงมากขึ้นไปเรื่อยๆ แต่ก็ยังรู้สึกว่าน้อยนิดมากเลยนะคะ เมื่อเทียบกับเพลงที่มีทั้งหมดในโลกนี้ ยิ่งในช่วง 3 ปีที่ผ่านมาได้เจ้านายชาว Dutch ซึ่งเป็นคนชอบฟังกีตาร์แบบสุดๆ ไปฟังเพลงที่บ้านเขาแต่ละครั้ง ขนาดไปกับเพื่อนอีกสองคนที่รู้จักเพลงหลากหลายมากแล้ว น้า Nap เชื่อไหมคะว่าเวลาเจ้านายหยิบ CD ออกมาแต่ละแผ่น พวกเราสามคนยังมองหน้ากันแล้วบอกว่าไม่เคยเห็นหรือไม่เคยรู้จักศิลปินเหล่านั้นเลย (แต่คาดว่ามือกีตาร์บ้านฟ้าน่าจะรู้จักมากพอสมควร)

ได้เวลานอนแล้ว ขอตัวก่อนนะคะ เพิ่งเป็นหวัดมาได้ 2 วัน ยังไม่อยากนอนดึกค่ะ Wink
อภัยทาน คือการให้ทานสูงสุด
Seek for understand, then to be understood

One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me ?
When will love be through with me ?

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 00:20 by myakira.)
11-07-2009, 00:18
napman Offline
VIP member

[quote='myakira'
คุณตาชอบเพลงไทยเดิม คุณพ่อชอบเพลง jazz คุณแม่ฟังเพลงไทย พี่ชายและตัวมุกเองเรียนเปียโนคลาสสิค หลายๆ เพลงก็ได้ยินมาจากภาพยนตร์ ละครเวที เพลงประกอบโฆษณา ฟังมันไปเรื่อยไม่เว้นแม้เพลง score ในภาพยนตร์หรือเกมส์ พวก world music ก็มีหลายแนวที่นิยมหามาฟังอยู่ ช่วงเรียนมหาวิทยาลัยก็เก็บตังค์ค่าขนมมาซื้อเทป peacock ม้วนละ 25 บาทเพื่อทดลองฟังเพลงใหม่ๆ

ยิ่งในช่วง 3 ปีที่ผ่านมาได้เจ้านายชาว Dutch ซึ่งเป็นคนชอบฟังกีตาร์แบบสุดๆ

ได้เวลานอนแล้ว ขอตัวก่อนนะคะ เพิ่งเป็นหวัดมาได้ 2 วัน ยังไม่อยากนอนดึกค่ะ ;)
[/quote]

Hi Muk,
Now I wonder no more!
Anyone who sacrified his/her food money for a song is pretty crazy (that included me too!) especially when you were that young in your college years!

So you want to listen to every song that you can get your ears on? OMG! (well, I have to confess here too, just count me inShy)

There was a time when I went to Amsterdam and walked along the city square and then we heard the music that drawn us in.

Guess what? They were the 3 Peruvian street musicians in their original costumes played their Peruvian music so far away from their country!

I bet your Dutch boss knows "Eltjo Haselhoff", if not I'd be in a big surprise.Rolleyes

Sorry that you are having a little body breakdown, please take good care of your body, my child. Try not to abuse it, it's the only external matter that you can claim to be 'YOURS', anything else is just plain illusion, some thoughts for today from this old man Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 20:20 by napman.)
11-07-2009, 04:52