Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
กีต้าร์ประเภท "ว้าย! แพ๊งแพง ถ้าพี่ซื้อ เราเลิกกัน"
Tai Labour Offline
ป๊อก8 2 เด้ง

Likes Given: 47
RE: กีต้าร์ประเภท "ว้าย! แพ๊งแพง ถ้าพี่ซื้อ เราเลิกกัน"
วาจาโฮกฮากผมก็เป็นครับ...แต่ถ้า"ค๊ะขา" ผมรอปู่ Monotone คนเดียวก็แล้วกัน Tongue

ผมก็ไม่มีความรู้อะไรพอที่จะคุยโม้กับใครได้สักอย่าง แต่ก็ดันทุรังคุยเรื่องชีวิตประจำวัน เรื่องธรรมชาติมนุษย์
มาตรฐานของคน ทาน ถ่าย พสพ นอน เอาตัวรอดไปได้วันๆ ก็มันจำเป็นต้องทำ เลยต้องคุยน่ะ

พอปู่ Monotone มาร่วมคุยด้วย ตอนนี้เก้าอี้ผมเหลือขาเดียวแร้วครับ....น้ากาน Big Grin
============ เพื่อความบันเทิง =============

24-06-2009, 22:52
Website Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

Likes Given: 0
(23-06-2009, 22:37)napman Wrote: Hi Micro,
Just loved it man!
I really enjoyed your posting, almost like we are chatting face to face in the old daysBig Grin

Did you recall The red Gibson es 335 that you bought at "Lang Grasuang" when we played together in late 60s?

What happened to it? Did you sell it to Uthai Punwongrod? or did he has another one?:Rolleyes

I loved that 335 sound when you played it, but not when Uthai P played. So I guess it's the player not the guitar 55555

Keep it coming man, very entertaining to say the least. Wink

Napman, My Brother,

I was rather shocked that you remembered those things, honest ! To answer your questions well, I'll make it as brief as possible (SURE!! ) and try to save them stories for a new topic in the future.

QUESTION: Did you recall The red Gibson es 335 that you bought at "Lang Grasuang" when we played together in late 60s?

ANSWER: Yes, of course. I remember just about everything about it. I saw it at "Lang Grasuang" (= หลังกระทรวงกลาโหม?) after my Economics class at TU. I convinced you guys (my TU band members) to buy it because it had a stud tailpiece like the Les Paul guitars instead of the normal long tailpiece. It was way heavier than all the other ES-335s I had laid a hand on. It cost us 5000 Baht to be precise and we paid the Shop off in 2 payments. At the time I messed around with it a lot and it was the first time I ever encountered and became fascinated with Gibson PAF pickups. There was no info about this PAF THANG at the time, not even any talk or gossip anywhere.

QUESTION: What happened to it? Did you sell it to Uthai Punwongrod? or did he has another one?

ANSWER: I don't really know what happened to it.
No, I didn't sell it to Uthai P. Don't you remember we (the band) bought 3 Gibson guitars all together? Hang on to your seatbelt, Bubba...

The first one was the hand made cherry red ES-335 by the semi-genius guitar maker, my buddy "NARIN". I had a red, 3-pickup Hofner at the very beginning but later I had a chance to play a Gibson ES-335 when I filled in for Surapon (Pae = goat) as a guitar player for "แจ๋วแหวว" (The Cat). That guy "แจ๋วแหวว" might not be the best singer/player in the world but let me tell you he was ahead of his time and a smart business man. He read those American journals, New York Post, NewYork Time, etc. Although he played and produced pop music...at home it was the opposite. He introduced me to those heavyweight guitar players like Kenny Burrell and Django Reinhardt while most guys in BKK listened to the Ventures or the Yardbirds. He loaned me his LP "Like A Rolling Stone" to study because he performed that song 5-6 times a night in the club for farangs. That was when I started to see the light, getting to know of Bob Dylan's work and getting to play a real Gibson Guitar (with a Vox amp) and all hell broke loose. I really wanted to play a Gibson guitar and not a Hofner anymore. I also wanted to play the song "Like A Rolling Stone" because of the neat style of guitar playing in the background of which I later found out was Mike Bloomfield after hanging out with Terry, a fabulous Malaysian guitarist from the "Hunters", who often played the song "Albert Shuffle" by my request.

Now I lost track again...okay after that I cried "I Want My Gibson Guitar" (like I Want My MTV"). So my poor band mates had to satisfy this selfish, crap head Microtone. The problem was we couldn't afford a real Gibson at "เบ๊เงียบเส็ง, เวิ้งนครเกษม" (?) it was approximately 22,000 Baht. We went to NARIN and that's how we (the band) acquired the FIRST red ES-335 and it was only 3000 Baht. Later, when I came to America, I found out this guitar (I no longer owned) was one of the most popular session guitars they used at studio sessions in LA in the early 70's...because of the sound from it's HAND WOUND PICK-UP(s.)... and that was Narin's guitar... Later about this!

The second one was a real cherry red Gibson ES-335 the one I found at "หลังกระทรวงกลาโหม" as I mentioned earlier.... not sure if it was a dot neck or block neck but it DID have the PAF pickups which could be from 1959-1962...that I don't know.

The third one was a 3-tone brown sunburst ES-330D. It was me again to convince you guys to buy it from Ben, a Filipino singer with this famous band but I can't remember the name at the moment, they performed at "ราชประสงค์". He was leaving for the the USA and it was cheap. I remember Dang (my "And Your Bird Can Sing" buddy) played that guitar.

It was all my fault to lead you guys into spending money but, did we regret it then? What about now when we look back? We were nobody then but at least for once in a lifetime we were playing world-class instruments, maybe or maybe not it inspired us to play better, but we had them. We temporarily had them at a moderate COST but high in VALUE, PASSION, & STYLE...no matter how or when you look at it....no one knows but you!

After I left...the band gave me the Narin guitar and I don't know what happen to the other red ES-335.

Last time I was in BKK I told one of my close friends to hunt for that red (PAF) ES-335 Gibson. In my opinion, even though I've been out of the guitar collecting circuit, I'm pretty sure you could buy a brand new Mercedes with that guitar anytime today. Don't laugh!!!

One more thing before I forget. You know I'm a more constructive and serious type of person and not a bragging type (Yeah..right). After Dang finished singing John Lennon's "Revolution" many famous musicians, who were in the club during their break, always asked me the same question concerning the lead guitar introduction of the song, "Where is your fuzz box? Where is your fuzz box? " What the hell are they talking about? I didn't know what a fuzz box was. I didn't have money to buy them either. I was happy just to have Narin's guitar and a small amp to make it through the night. It just happened that I got that sound without knowing what I got. That guitar was Magical!

Here You Go "Napman" เพื่อนรัก!

PS: I had a nightmare the other day and it scared the crap out of me. In dream .. I walked alone (like Roy Orbison's song) and there was this guy who looked almost like you (Napman) and came to me with this giant chain saw, criticizing that my brand new Fender Jazz Bass has a too long upper horn and offered to cut the horn off for me at no charge. I said "No, Thank you.... Leave me alone" and suggested him to either get lost or go join the punk bands "Sex Pistols" or the "Clash". I was thinking this guy's too far-out for me and although he looked like my TU friend his character & behavior led me to think that he was from Sillapakorn University, because he's NUTS!!! Then I woke up..It's only a dream. Horrified!!!!!!!

One of the few things in my life that I can never achieve but admire is the MIND of REAL artists in every walk of life. They look at things in a different angle. Superficially speaking they seem weird but they are genuinely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Wow!! That's DEEEEEPP man, can I have another hit? Dude......
[Image: ngsarah03.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2009, 20:18 by Microtone.)
25-06-2009, 15:04
Find Like Post Reply
pood Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 13
[Image: deep-drive-2008-mercedes-be.jpg]

ES-335 Cherry Red ตัวนั้นน่าจะเป็นรุ่นปี 1960-1961 นะครับเพราะสีนี้ไม่ใด้ผลิตในสองปีแรกของรุ่นนี้และถ้าเป็นปีหลังจากนี้จะเป็น block inlay ซึ่งราคามือสองเกินห้าพันแน่นอนในตอนนั้นเพราะเป็นรุ่นใหม่กว่า (สมัยนั้นกีต้าร์ยิ่งปีเก่ายิ่งถูกเหมือนรถมือสองแหละครับ)

จาก Blue Book ฉบับล่าสุดราคามือสองในสภาพ high excellent ปี 1960 = $42,000 ปี 1961 = $33,000 แพงกว่า C300 Sport ทั้งสองตัวครับ
25-06-2009, 22:26
Find Like Post Reply
yodchula Offline
-1833 Custom Shop-

โอ๊ย...................

มาเล่าต่อให้โอ๊ยอีกนะครับ สนุกมากเลย Smile
[Image: myworkspace.jpg]
26-06-2009, 03:09
Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

(25-06-2009, 22:26)pood Wrote: [Image: deep-drive-2008-mercedes-be.jpg]

ES-335 Cherry Red ตัวนั้นน่าจะเป็นรุ่นปี 1960-1961 นะครับเพราะสีนี้ไม่ใด้ผลิตในสองปีแรกของรุ่นนี้และถ้าเป็นปีหลังจากนี้จะเป็น block inlay ซึ่งราคามือสองเกินห้าพันแน่นอนในตอนนั้นเพราะเป็นรุ่นใหม่กว่า (สมัยนั้นกีต้าร์ยิ่งปีเก่ายิ่งถูกเหมือนรถมือสองแหละครับ)

จาก Blue Book ฉบับล่าสุดราคามือสองในสภาพ high excellent ปี 1960 = $42,000 ปี 1961 = $33,000 แพงกว่า C300 Sport ทั้งสองตัวครับ

ขอบคุณอย่างแรงทีเดียวครับที่ up-date รายละเอียดมาให้ด้วย...ใจจริงแล้วไม่ค่อยอยากจะพูดเรื่องอย่างนี้ เพราะเด็กบางคนอาจจะเข้าใจผิดและลืมตัวลืมตนแทนที่จะใช้เวลาและเงินทองไปใช้ในทางที่ถูก แต่อีกใจนึงก็คิดว่า อยากจะให้คนรุ่นหลังได้เรียนรู้และรับรู้อะไรที่เป็น reality (ความเป็นจริง) เพราะถ้าเราไม่ยอมรับรู้กับ reality แล้ว นอกจากจะทำให้เราดูเหมือนเป็นคนใจแคบ,เชยแล้ว บ้านเมืองก็จะล่มจมก็เพราะเรื่องไม่ยอมรับกับ reality นั่นล่ะครับ.

จำได้ว่า นานมาแล้ว หม่อมราชวงศ์คึกฤทธิ์ ปราโมช เคยไปที่ TU บ่อยๆ แต่มีครั้งนึงพวกคนเข่าวถามท่านว่า ทำไมท่านแต่งตัวแบบจิ๊กโก๋ ผมยาว กางเกงก็ฟิตเหลือเกิน ดูไม่สุภาพแบบไทยๆเลย. ท่านตอบว่า..."ไทยๆ อะไรกัน เรื่องจริงก็มีอยู่ว่า เสื้อผ้าและผมเพ้า (hair do) ที่พวกคุณใส่และใช้กันปัจจุบันนี้ก็ไม่เป็นของไทยหรอก เราลอกเลียนเอามาจากอารยธรรมฝรั่ง (western civilization) ทั้งนั้น..ของไทยจริงๆ ก็เป็นพวกโจงกระเบน, โกนหัว, ไม่ใส่รองเท้า อะไรอย่างนั้นล่ะ ผมว่าไหนๆเราก็ตามอย่างลอกเลียนเขามาแล้ว ทำไมจะไปลอกเลียนอารยธรรมฝรั่งโบราณล่ะ ก็เอาอารยธรรมฝรั่งดีๆตอนสมัยนี้ซิครับ เพราะเราก็อยู่กันในสมัยนี้นิ" ................สาธุ

ขอบคุณอีกครั้งครับ.
26-06-2009, 04:14
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
[quote='Microtone'
Don't you remember we (the band) bought 3 Gibson guitars all together?
Answer; Now I recalled, I remembered Dang took the brown one with him when he left "Apples"

Terry, a fabulous Malaysian guitarist from the "Hunters"?,
Answer;Of course I remember Terry the Malaysian Leon Russell.Wondering what became of him now?

"เบ๊เงียบเส็ง, เวิ้งนครเกษม" (?)
This is where I paid 10,000 baht for my Fender Jazz bass and later cut off the horn!!

The third one was a 3-tone brown sunburst ES-330D. I remember Dang (my "And Your Bird Can Sing" buddy) played that guitar.
Answer;I still remember how You and Dang played those harmonic notes together, delicious sounds.

After I left...the band gave me the Narin guitar and I don't know what happen to the other red ES-335.
Last time I was in BKK I told one of my close friends to hunt for that red (PAF) ES-335 Gibson.
Answer;You'd better talk to Ead (Sermvech Shuangyanyong) he knows how to get to Uthai P, if not then go to Od (Anupong, Carabao bass player) he certainly knows how to get to Uthai P because I asked Od about Uthai when we last met in Calif. few years back. And I'm absolutely sure that Uthai played that red Gibson on "Whole lotta love" (Led Zep's song) that I sang when you and Dang left "Apples", and only 4 of us left (Ead, Uthai P, Tee the drummer and me) at Green Dragon.:(

Here You Go "Napman" เพื่อนรัก!
I was thinking this guy's too far-out for me and although he looked like my TU friend his character & behavior led me to think that he was from Sillapakorn University, because he's NUTS!!!
Answer;Yep, that's me all right :D:shy:

[/quote]
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2009, 08:45 by napman.)
26-06-2009, 05:31
Website Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

(23-06-2009, 12:50)SARUN Wrote: รอติดตาม ตอนต่อไป..
ขอบคุณครับ ที่สนใจและให้ positive feedback (reputation) ไปด้วย ถ้าคุณ sarun มีอะไรที่อยากจะทราบหรือถกเถียงก็เอ่ยไปนะครับ เรื่องอะไรก็ได้ครับ ถ้าผมมีความรู้หรือความเห็น ผมก็ยินดีจะตอบครับ ไม่ต้องอายหรือเกรงใจครับ..เรามีฐานะเสมอกันทุกคนครับCool
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2009, 11:41 by Microtone.)
26-06-2009, 11:39
Find Like Post Reply
pood Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 13
Microtone

"ใจจริงแล้วไม่ค่อยอยากจะพูดเรื่องอย่างนี้ เพราะเด็กบางคนอาจจะเข้าใจผิดและลืมตัวลืมตนแทนที่จะใช้เวลาและเงินทองไปใช้ในทางที่ถูก "

ผมกลับคิดว่าการซื้อและการเล่นกีต้าร์เป็นงานอดิเรกเป็นการใช้เงินในทางที่ถูกนะครับ ลองยกตัวอย่างง่ายๆก็ใด้ครับ

ถ้าคุณเอาเงินไปซื้อรถเบ้นซ์ราคา 32,900 USD ใช้ไปห้าปีคุณขายใด้ 15,000 USD ก็เก่งแล้วแต่ถ้าคุณซื้อ Gibson ราคา 42,000 USD เอามาเล่นแบบถนอมๆ อีกห้าปีคุณน่าจะขายใด้กำไรประมาณ 27 % ครับ

เมื่อเทียบเบ้นซ์กับกิบสันคุณจะประหยัดเงินใด้ 29,240 USD บวกกับค่าใช้จ่ายอื่นๆเช่นค่าประกันรถยนตร์และค่าบำรุงรักษา ยังไม่ต้องคิดว่าถ้าคุณมีรถโก้ๆคุณก็ต้องหาเรื่องออกนอกบ้านแต่ถ้าซื้อกีต้าร์ดีๆคุณก็อยากนั่งเล่นมันอยู่กับบ้านทำให้ประหยัดค่าใช้จ่ายไปใด้อีกมากมาย อย่างตัวผมเองตั้งแต่บ้ากีต้าร์นี่ก็ประหยัดเงินค่าเที่ยวใด้หลายสตางค์ครับ ยิ่งสมัยอยู่ที่อเมริกาผมชอบขับรถตระเวนหากีต้าร์ตาม garage sale แล้วเอามาชุบชีวิตใหม่ พอขายต่อก็ใด้กำไรทุกทีครับขนาดบางครั้งเอาไปขายโรงรับจำนำยังใด้กำไรเลย

ขออย่างเดียวคืออย่าเอากีต้าร์ไป "ยำ" ก็แล้วกันเพราะจะขาดทุนยับตอนขายต่อ อย่างเช่นการเอา Fender ไปตัดเขาทิ้งนี่เข้าขั้น "sacrilege" แล้วครับ
26-06-2009, 11:52
Find Like Post Reply
SARUN Offline
Very Imperfect People

Likes Given: 176
(26-06-2009, 11:39)Microtone Wrote:
(23-06-2009, 12:50)SARUN Wrote: รอติดตาม ตอนต่อไป..
ขอบคุณครับ ที่สนใจและให้ positive feedback (reputation) ไปด้วย ถ้าคุณ sarun มีอะไรที่อยากจะทราบหรือถกเถียงก็เอ่ยไปนะครับ เรื่องอะไรก็ได้ครับ ถ้าผมมีความรู้หรือความเห็น ผมก็ยินดีจะตอบครับ ไม่ต้องอายหรือเกรงใจครับ..เรามีฐานะเสมอกันทุกคนครับCool
ขอบคุณครับ ในความกรุณา
เรื่อง "ถกเถียง" คงจะไม่มี
มีแต่เรื่อง "อยากจะทราบ"

อยากฟังเรื่องเล่า...ชีวิตการผจญภัย ของ "วงดนตรีไทยในต่างแดน."
เหมือนอย่างเช่น วงดิอิมพอสสิเบิ้ล ไป ตะลุย ฮาวายมาแล้ว!!!

ว่ามีชีวิต สะดวกสบายมากน้อยเพียงไร วิธีการทำงานหรือการเลือกเพลง เป็นอย่างไร ดิ้นรนเอาตัวรอดมาได้อย่างไร เป็นต้น...
*?*?,
?,,?*?*?
?*?,,?*?*?
?
?

@_@~??"If I leave here tomorrow" ...Sad ??~@_@
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2009, 15:34 by SARUN.)
26-06-2009, 12:11
Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

(26-06-2009, 11:52)pood Wrote: ผมกลับคิดว่าการซื้อและการเล่นกีต้าร์เป็นงานอดิเรกเป็นการใช้เงินในทางที่ถูกนะครับ ลองยกตัวอย่างง่ายๆก็ใด้ครับ

ถ้าคุณเอาเงินไปซื้อรถเบ้นซ์ราคา 32,900 USD ใช้ไปห้าปีคุณขายใด้ 15,000 USD ก็เก่งแล้วแต่ถ้าคุณซื้อ Gibson ราคา 42,000 USD เอามาเล่นแบบถนอมๆ อีกห้าปีคุณน่าจะขายใด้กำไรประมาณ 27 % ครับ

เมื่อเทียบเบ้นซ์กับกิบสันคุณจะประหยัดเงินใด้ 29,240 USD บวกกับค่าใช้จ่ายอื่นๆเช่นค่าประกันรถยนตร์และค่าบำรุงรักษา ยังไม่ต้องคิดว่าถ้าคุณมีรถโก้ๆคุณก็ต้องหาเรื่องออกนอกบ้านแต่ถ้าซื้อกีต้าร์ดีๆคุณก็อยากนั่งเล่นมันอยู่กับบ้านทำให้ประหยัดค่าใช้จ่ายไปใด้อีกมากมาย อย่างตัวผมเองตั้งแต่บ้ากีต้าร์นี่ก็ประหยัดเงินค่าเที่ยวใด้หลายสตางค์ครับ ยิ่งสมัยอยู่ที่อเมริกาผมชอบขับรถตระเวนหากีต้าร์ตาม garage sale แล้วเอามาชุบชีวิตใหม่ พอขายต่อก็ใด้กำไรทุกทีครับขนาดบางครั้งเอาไปขายโรงรับจำนำยังใด้กำไรเลย

ขออย่างเดียวคืออย่าเอากีต้าร์ไป "ยำ" ก็แล้วกันเพราะจะขาดทุนยับตอนขายต่อ อย่างเช่นการเอา Fender ไปตัดเขาทิ้งนี่เข้าขั้น "sacrilege" แล้วครับ

แปลกใจจริง..ความคิดเห็นของคุณเหมือนกับที่ผมคิดทุกจุดเลย อย่างลูกฝาแฝด ชอบทุกประโยคที่คุณเขียนมา, ผมก็นั่งยิ้มชอบใจอยู่นี่่แหละ โดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่งตอนที่คุณว่า "แล้วเอามาชุบชีวิตใหม่" ก็เห็นภาพเลยครับ ( short but descriptive) ! ขอบคุณครับที่พูดกันอย่างตรงไปตรงมาและ constructive (= หนักแน่น?) ด้วย

ขอบคุณครับ.
26-06-2009, 12:49
Find Like Post Reply