Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The house of the rising sun-"On the rock" re-union jam session.
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
The house of the rising sun-"On the rock" re-union jam session.
HI all,
I'm kind of surprise when paged back here to the beginning and this song was nowhere to be found!
So here it is, not an original of course, I video this one by my cheap Samsung MX20 camcorder at my last rock band re-union (on May 9th 2009 at Wildomar, California) that was disbanded in 1979.
Here we were together again after so many years and this song was bring up to life by our keyboard player and we jammed along until the end with 3 guitar players of different accents that I enjoyed. And I jumped in a little bit in vocalizing.

Hope this song brings back some memories for anyone who's older than 50 years old.Big Grin 5555

Here we go; (Be warned; the louder the better!! I'm serious)Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGbFFj35t3s
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
10-06-2009, 07:45
Website Find Like Post Reply
SARUN Offline
Very Imperfect People

Likes Given: 176
RE: The house of the rising sun-"On the rock" re-union jam session.
(10-06-2009, 07:45)napman Wrote: Hope this song brings back some memories for anyone who's older than 50 years old.Big Grin 5555

ยังไม่ถึง 50...ก็มีความทรงจำที่ดีกับเพลงนี้เหมือนกันครับ

เป็นเพลงแบบฝึกหัดที่เริ่มหัดเล่นคอร์ด ในยุคแรกๆตอนหัดเล่น
แค่เล่นคอร์ดเปล่าๆ 8 ห้อง.. ก็เท่ห์ระเบิดแล้ว ในตอนนั้น

ส่วน Version : Live at Wildomar California. หวานเจี๊ยบ จริงๆ ครับ
*?*?,
?,,?*?*?
?*?,,?*?*?
?
?

@_@~??"If I leave here tomorrow" ...Sad ??~@_@
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 14:15 by SARUN.)
10-06-2009, 08:59
Find Like Post Reply
Ether Offline
อี๋เถอ โกวเนี้ย..ปัญจบุปผา แห่งวังฟ้า

Likes Given: 0
รู้จักเพลงนี้จากที่ ป้า joan baez เอามาร้องค่ะ
10-06-2009, 23:20
Find Like Post Reply
poPPie Offline
APFC or NMFC

Likes Given: 23
ผมชอบเอามาเล่นเป็นบรรเลงครับ ทำนองเพราะมาก

ปล.แต่อายุยังไม่ถึง 50 นะครับ Tongue
10-06-2009, 23:26
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(10-06-2009, 23:20)Ether Wrote: รู้จักเพลงนี้จากที่ ป้า joan baez เอามาร้องค่ะ

Hi Ether,
If we ever have a chance to meet with guitar in my hand, will you sing "Diamonds and rust" for me? While I accompany your singing?

She's one of my inspiration artists,
Let me share my ancient story-I remember vividly that when I was at Silapakorn Univ. (No I was not studying there, I was in Silapakorn band because my buddy was studying there and he was the band leader) there was a pretty girl who was studying there, I didn't even remember her name but she was there in some of those student gathering parties. sitting in the corner all by herself with guitar in hands and sang "Colors". I was awe struck by her voice and found out later that she was one of the nieces of Thai general and Prime Minister at that time (Chompol P. Piboonsongkram)

Boys, she sang so delicously well!!
Like I said, she's one of the inspirations that inspired me to be "A man with a guitar" who entertains friends and people.

Life's good, keep on singing young lady Wink
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
11-06-2009, 00:39
pop_250823 Offline
ดนตรีจะพาเราเดินทาง....

เป็นเพลงที่ดีมากๆครับ และก็เป็นเพลงเดียวของวงนี้จริงๆที่ผมรู้จักครับ ^ ^
Acoustic is my life..........
11-06-2009, 11:48
pood Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 13
ท่าทางจะแจมกันสนุกสนานน่าดูเลยนะครับ ความจริงเพลงนี้เป็นเพลงเก่ามากๆเพราะนำทำนองมาจากเพลง folk ballad ของอังกฤษในยุค 1700's และเนื่อมาจากเพลง folk อเมริกันยุค 1800's ซึ่งจนเดี๋ยวนี้ก็ยังตีความกันไม่ออกว่า "House of The Rising Sun" คืออะไรกันแน่แต่น่าจะเป็นซ่องครับ

The Animals มีเพลงฮิตติดหูในเมืองไทยเพลงเดียวคือเพลงนี้แต่ในอเมริกามีอีกเพลงนึงที่คนอเมริกันรุ่นผมร้องใด้ทุกคนคือเพลง "We've Gotta Get Out of This Place" ครับ

ขอบคุณน้า Napman ที่เอามาลงให้ชมครับ มาเมืองไทยเมื่อไหร่โดนจับเล่นเบสเพลงนี้แน่นอนครับ
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 13:39 by pood.)
11-06-2009, 13:38
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

(11-06-2009, 11:48)pop_250823 Wrote: เป็นเพลงที่ดีมากๆครับ และก็เป็นเพลงเดียวของวงนี้จริงๆที่ผมรู้จักครับ ^ ^

Hi Pop,
Do you mean the Animals?
(11-06-2009, 13:38)pood Wrote: ท่าทางจะแจมกันสนุกสนานน่าดูเลยนะครับ ความจริงเพลงนี้เป็นเพลงเก่ามากๆเพราะนำทำนองมาจากเพลง folk ballad ของอังกฤษในยุค 1700's และเนื่อมาจากเพลง folk อเมริกันยุค 1800's ซึ่งจนเดี๋ยวนี้ก็ยังตีความกันไม่ออกว่า "House of The Rising Sun" คืออะไรกันแน่แต่น่าจะเป็นซ่องครับ

The Animals มีเพลงฮิตติดหูในเมืองไทยเพลงเดียวคือเพลงนี้แต่ในอเมริกามีอีกเพลงนึงที่คนอเมริกันรุ่นผมร้องใด้ทุกคนคือเพลง "We've Gotta Get Out of This Place" ครับ

ขอบคุณน้า Napman ที่เอามาลงให้ชมครับ มาเมืองไทยเมื่อไหร่โดนจับเล่นเบสเพลงนี้แน่นอนครับ

Hi Pood,
That exactly what I understand, house of the rising is a whore house and the sun is always rising there.

Funny when you mentioned "We've gotta get out of this place", I also sang that song in Thailand in key of C as the original and still remember some part of the lyric. The main bass run is very basic and steady and fun to sing even if the lyric are depressing.

Did you ever hear Bob Dylan's version of "The house of the rising sun"? Nice one too.

Yeah, Pood, I'm really looking forward to meet up with you in BKK, I'm sure we'll have a lot of reminiscing to do especially about our late beloved friend Katearan who was the main instrumental that introduced me to Travis picking and partly Simon & Garfunkel.Cool

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 21:47 by napman.)
11-06-2009, 21:34
billy Offline

เป็นเพลงหนึ่งที่ใช้หัดเล่นกีต้าร์ตอนเด็กๆครับ ขอบคุณที่เอามาให้ชมครับน้า
ผมอยากให้วงผมมา_Reunionแบบนี้มั่งจังเลยSad
็Hi Napman,
I'm not 50 but pretty close Big Grin
For every action, there is a reaction_ Albert Einstien.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 22:09 by billy.)
11-06-2009, 22:08
napman Offline
VIP member

(11-06-2009, 22:08)billy Wrote: เป็นเพลงหนึ่งที่ใช้หัดเล่นกีต้าร์ตอนเด็กๆครับ ขอบคุณที่เอามาให้ชมครับน้า
ผมอยากให้วงผมมา_Reunionแบบนี้มั่งจังเลยSad
็Hi Napman,
I'm not 50 but pretty close Big Grin

Hi Billy,

"Want" will not get it done, find the ways to get around the "Obstacles" and go for it. Talk to your old band members. I bet most of them will want to try and they just need the leader, be it!!

It might take days, weeks or even months to accomplish it, but trust this old man, you will thank me when you have it as a precious memory in a digital formWink

Let me know the result, I'm on your side.Cool

Added in; I got into your profile and found out that you live at "Muang Thong Thani", My best friend (Supanimit Thipparatsakul) lived there when he was alive, but I've never had a chance to see his home and not a second chance to see him again. He died in January 2008 (last year), I went back to Thailand in March 2008, so I missed him about 2 months.
He was my best friend when he was alive, we were in same 2 classes at Amnuaysilpa and entranced in Thammasat same year same faculty, he got BA out of that but I didn't. We were almost shadows to each other. He liked what I like and I like what he liked, we played soccer together, we went travelling out together. We once built guitar from laminated boards and had fun playing it together. There was another time that I went into fistfights and he was there just to see if he could be of any help. Now I missed him again, he's my true friend. RIP Od.

I guess I brought this up just to remind you that FRIENDS will not be here forever for you, DO IT NOW, BILLY, DO IT NOW!

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009, 09:40 by napman.)
11-06-2009, 22:22