• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Story of an old man from long ago and far away
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Story of an old man from long ago and far away
Maew

Halfdome เป็นประติมากรรมธรรมชาติที่อัศจรรย์มาก
ผมยังจำได้ถึงตอนที่เดินไปตามทางเดินไป mirror lake แล้วแหงนหน้าขึ้นไป เห็น half dome อยู่ตรงนั้น
มันช่างยิ่งใหญ่และสุดอัศจรรย์...

ฝากรูป halfdome ที่ผมไปครั้งสุดท้ายก่อนกลับเมืองไทย ปี 2004

[IMG Wrote:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6407/yosemitet.jpg[/IMG]

แล้วน้าnap มีความทรงจำอะไรที่ halfdome เหรอครับ

Hi Maew,
Not really,but I took my family there almost every year, our daughter and son were born respectively in 1982/1984
We took them there and they liked it so much, and this year (August 9-11) we planned to take along our 2 grandkids (girl and boy, 3 years old and 4 months old) with us.
Most of the time we camped out at campsites in all of our outdoor trips, it's more fun to us that way.
About Half Dome, I don't know if you had a chance to trek up there or not. I guess not because if you did I'm sure you will want to talk about it!!
I just had a first chance to get up there in 2003 (I think, but not certain). Because before that I had to keep company my wife and family at the valley floor below.
Just like the song says "First cut is the deepest", that first trip up to Half Dome was a memorable one, I'm pretty sure there were other Thais that had accomplished that but it's not a "Walk in the park", so I bet there're so few, Any body up there? Please chime in and let me know?

Now that brought me up to another one, "Mt. Whitney" in Calif. which is the highest peak in Northern America continent except Alaska. Please chime in anyone who ever got up there!! That's the true memorable one for me, to me "Whitney" is my "Everest", if you know what I mean, and I was lucky enough to be able to scaled the peak in 1980 (I think?)
I'm wondering out loud if any other Thais ever set foot on that majestic mountain summit besided I and one of my Thai friend?

Let me stop now, it's getting too long again!! It's always fun to me to talk about Mountains stuff, I simply love Mountains, that's allBig Grin

Please say "Hi" for me to your lovely family.Smile
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
07-05-2009, 23:40
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Story of an old man from long ago and far away - by napman - 07-05-2009, 23:40