Very Imperfect People

Likes Given: 176
A Whiter Shade of Pale เพลงที่ ยัง งง ๆ
ตย.เพลง
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tH...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jJ1ORIOes
เนื้อเพลง
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getsom...ale.chopro

บทเพลง A Whiter Shade of Pale บ้างคงชม ถึงความเป็นบทกวีในคำร้อง บ้างก็ คงกล่าวถึง ความยิ่งใหญ่ของบทเพลง อันดับที่ 57 จากการจัดอันดับ 500 Greatest Songs of All Time บ้างก็อาจจะนึกถึง บรรยากาศย้อนยุคในฉากหนังบางเรื่อง
แต่ที่แน่ๆ ทุกคนพูดตรงกันแน่ๆ คือ เพลงนี้ พูดถึงอะไร ก็ไม่รู้ 555555

โดยส่วนตัว จัดว่าเพลงนี้เป็นเพลงที่ฟังได้หลายๆรอบโดยไม่น่าเบื่อ คงเพราะท่วงทำนองชวนให้เกิดจินตนการไปได้เรื่อยๆ เป็นมโนภาพ ภูเขาบ้าง ลำธารบ้าง ขนนกปลิวไสวอยู่กลางอากาศบ้าง แล้วแต่กรรม แล้วแต่วาระไป

เพลงนี้ เขียนเนื้อโดย Keith Reid สมาชิกของวงProcol Harum ที่หน้าที่เขียนคำร้องอย่างเดียว (ไม่ต้องเล่นดนตรีในวงเลย) โดย Keith Reid บังเอิญไปได้ยิน ประโยค ?Whiter Shade of Pale? จากศัพท์แสลงของวัยรุ่นยุคนั้น ที่หมายถึงการสูญเสีย ที่เกิดจากสาวที่ทอดทิ้ง (ไม่รู้ว่าจะเหมือนกับคำว่า แห้ว ในบ้านเรารึเปล่า) แล้วรู้สึกว่าเป็นประโยคที่ น่าสนใจและคล่องปากดี เลยเอามาขยายความแต่งเพลงต่อ โดยเอามาให้ Gary Brooker (ร้องนำ-เปียโน) ใส่ทำนองให้ โดย Gary Brooker ก็มีการแก้ไขเนื้อเพลงอีกเล็กน้อย แต่วิธีเขียนเนื้อของทั้งคู่ในเพลงนี้ คือ คิดวลีที่มีความเป็นนามธรรม หลายๆ วลี แล้วนำวลีเหล่านั้นมาต่อๆกัน (จนเป็นเนื้อเรื่อง ของการพบกันของหนุ่มสาวในสถานที่ที่รื่นเริงแห่งหนึ่ง แล้วยังไงต่อ จะบอกอะไร ก็ยัง งงๆ อยู่เหมือนกัน บางคนเองก็ แปล ประโยค ?Whiter Shade of Pale?หมายถึง ยาเสพติด หรือคนติดยา )

พอถึงเวลาจะอัดเสียง Gary Brooker & Keith Reid จึงมอบหน้าที่ให้ Matthew Fisher มือคีย์บอด เป็นผู้สร้างทำนอง Intro และแน่นอน เสียงอันจัดจ้านของ Hammond M-102 ออแกนสุดฮิตในยุคนั้น เล่นโดย Matthew Fisher ก็ทำให้
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" เป็นเพลงที่โดดเด่นขึ้นมาโดยทันที เพลงนี้ขึ้นถึงอันดับ 1 ในชาร์ตเพลงของอังกฤษ เมื่อ 8 มิถุนายน 1967 และ ยังเป็นที่รู้จัก รวมทั้งยังมีการเอามา Cover อีกหลายต่อหลายครั้ง จนทำให้ Gary Brooker & Keith Reid ได้รับประโยชน์ จากค่าลิขสิทธิ์ มากมาย จนเมื่อไม่กี่ปี่มานี้ Matthew Fisher ซึ่งร่วมงานกับ วง Procol Harum เพียง 1 อัลบั้ม ปัจจุบัน ก็ทำงานด้านคอมพิวเตอร์ ก็มาฟ้องต่อศาล ว่าเขาเองควรมีสิทธิในเพลงนี้ โดยอ้างว่าเขาก็มีส่วนร่วมในการคิดค้นเพลงนี้ และสุดท้ายถูกศาลสั่งให้ใช้เครดิตร่วมกัน และมีส่วนแบ่งจากเพลงนี้ ถึง 40% ((สงสัย Gary Brooker & Keith Reid คงต้องระแวงแน่ๆ ว่า Ray Royer (กีตาร์ ) David Knights(เบส) และ Bill Eyden (กลอง ) จะฟ้องร้องด้วยอีกไม๊ )))

หลายๆคนคงสงสัยว่า Intro เพลงนี้ ช่างละม้าย เพลง Air on the G String ของ ของ Johann Sebastian Bach Fisher ซึ่งเจ้าตัวเล่าว่า เขาได้รับอิทธิพลมาจากเพลงคลาสสิค Bach's B Minor Mass ของ Johann Sebastian Bach ก็ไม่รู้เหมือนกันว่าทำไมไปคล้ายกับงานของ Bach ในเพลง Air on a G-string แต่อย่างไรก็ตามซาวด์ดนตรีของเขาได้กลายเป็นเอกลักษณ์ไปแล้ว
*?*?,
?,,?*?*?
?*?,,?*?*?
?
?

@_@~??"If I leave here tomorrow" ...Sad ??~@_@
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2009, 18:02 by SARUN.)
03-02-2009, 18:01
Find Like Post Reply
Paiman Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: A Whiter Shade of Pale เพลงที่ ยัง งง ๆ
เพลงนี้มีเอกลักษณ์ที่เสียงคีบอร์ดฮัมมอนและตู้แอมป์เลสลี่ครับ
เสียง intro มันช่างจับใจยิ่งนัก
Life is a journey, not a destination......Smile
03-02-2009, 22:47
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Hi Sarun,
I just got in this thread, it seemed to be interesting and WOW, here you are again!!
So I paged back to your previous posts in this Song book section and another surprise, we seemed to have common taste in songs!

When you get older, loosng your hair(many years from now ta ta ta ta ta...), almost every single song will bring back some momories that you had in your youth, and this song for me is no exception.

I used to sing this song in the band that one of my beloved buddy (Uthai Thongnium, he's the younger brother of The Impossible bass player; Pichai Thongnium) his nickname is Maew and was freshly started to play organ after quitting from playing bass from his old "Flowers" band (it's Hippies era you know?), he bought Leslie organ-the one that has the swirling sound just like Procal Harum and so damn heavy!.
We had a lot of fun playing together in the same band for a while until he went to USA for further education. I had a chance to talk to him on the phone just last year when I came back for a month vacation in Thailand after lost connection with him after all those years.

And you know what? after so many years of disoriented with it, I'm still able to sing/play this song now alone with my guitar and sometimes with my harmonica if the mood strikes! and people seemed to like it at my gigs.

Everytime I sing this song it always reminds me of Maew and his heavy Leslie organ and the fun through thicks and thins that we had together!

Like I said before and I will say again here,
Sarun, you are one of a kind! and I'd really love to chat with you face to face when I'm in BKK one of these days.Wink

I'd like to add something here, (June 8th 2009)
thank to Sarun for his inspiration !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCiOnLnJN_0

Here Finale for my friend;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLO2wwPSk8A
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009, 08:13 by napman.)
24-05-2009, 07:25
Website Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

I know that you guys are having a gathering today in BKK.
But I don't think I can wait to put this here.

I don't want to spoil the party but I would like to CELEBRATE his life, my BELOVED friend that I will never be able to see him again.

RIP UTHAI (Maew) THONGNIUM.

I've talked to my long lost friend today and so thrill to talk to him after so many years. He told me about Maew that Maew died of heart attack in the beginning of April last year in BKK.

Last time I talked to Maew was in late March last year when I took my vacation in Thailand! And that means he died only weeks after we had a first long conversation after about 35 plus years of no-contact to each other, so, that conversation is the first and last together in one.

I didn't have a chance to meet him again after he left for USA to pursue his education at Little Rock, Arkansas in around 1970, he wrote me a letter when I arrived USA in 1972 before he went back to Thailand.

So long my friend, It's an honor to have been accepted to be your friend.
I still remember you are the only person in the world that square danced hands in hands with me while listening to CCR's Looking out my back door.

It will never happen again, I remember your generousity that allowed me to stay in your room at your parents' home on the weekends of my six-months voluntarily became a Private Army recruit.

There were so many fond memories between you and me that I will cherish until my life is over, and I'll keep them in my heart until we meet again somewhere/somehow.

I don't remember if I said "I LOVE YOU" or not during our last conversation last year.

I'll say it here again so somehow you may know that

"I LOVE YOU, Maew"
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2009, 08:23 by napman.)
20-06-2009, 08:22
SARUN Offline
Very Imperfect People

Likes Given: 176
ในฐานนะ เจ้าของกระทู้

รู้สึกเป็นเกียรติอย่างยิ่ง ที่กระทู้นี้ได้เป็นพื้นที่ที่ ได้รำลึกและกล่าวถึงบุคคลที่มีความหมาย
รวมทั้ง ยังเป็นการกล่าวคำอำลา อีกด้วย จึงขอแสดงความอาลัย มา ณ ที่นี้

อย่างน้อยๆ ก็อาลัย ที่คงไม่มีโอกาสสัมผัส "Heavy Leslie Organ "มันเป็นยังไงกันนี่??

ผมคิดว่าตอนนี้ Mr.Uthai (Maew) คงอยู่ที่ไหนซักที่ ที่อยู่ เหนือรุ้งกินน้ำ ขึ้นไป......
*?*?,
?,,?*?*?
?*?,,?*?*?
?
?

@_@~??"If I leave here tomorrow" ...Sad ??~@_@
20-06-2009, 09:53
Find Like Post Reply
Webmaster Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 310
ขอแสดงความเสียใจด้วยครับ
20-06-2009, 11:00
Microtone Offline

Likes Given: 0
(20-06-2009, 08:22)napman Wrote: I know that you guys are having a gathering today in BKK.
But I don't think I can wait to put this here.

I don't want to spoil the party but I would like to CELEBRATE his life, my BELOVED friend that I will never be able to see him again.

RIP UTHAI (Maew) THONGNIUM.

I've talked to my long lost friend today and so thrill to talk to him after so many years. He told me about Maew that Maew died of heart attack in the beginning of April last year in BKK.

Last time I talked to Maew was in late March last year when I took my vacation in Thailand! And that means he died only weeks after we had a first long conversation after about 35 plus years of no-contact to each other, so, that conversation is the first and last together in one.

I didn't have a chance to meet him again after he left for USA to pursue his education at Little Rock, Arkansas in around 1970, he wrote me a letter when I arrived USA in 1972 before he went back to Thailand.

So long my friend, It's an honor to have been accepted to be your friend.
I still remember you are the only person in the world that square danced hands in hands with me while listening to CCR's Looking out my back door.

It will never happen again, I remember your generousity that allowed me to stay in your room at your parents' home on the weekends of my six-months voluntarily became a Private Army recruit.

There were so many fond memories between you and me that I will cherish until my life is over, and I'll keep them in my heart until we meet again somewhere/somehow.

I don't remember if I said "I LOVE YOU" or not during our last conversation last year.

I'll say it here again so somehow you may know that

"I LOVE YOU, Maew"

I spent time writing a long memoir about our beloved friend "MAEW" (แมว/อุทัย ทองเนียม) then I got too emotional. So, for now, here is an old picture of MAEW and I at Uthaiwong's "glass house", our favorite hang out. Never mind my face, the point is you get to see MAEW's face and witness how "COOL" he was.

I bet you, he is as happy as he ever was or even more, hanging out with our mutual friends Ket & Gore up there somewhere. I can hear "Time Is Tight', "Crossroad(s)", and " Scarborough Fair" in my head.. in my heart...such an innocent and beautiful sound........then it fades away when the tears flow down my face. Have a good jam....my ARTISTIC friends. I love you all.

Me.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: ngsarah03.jpg]
22-06-2009, 04:21
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Microtone

[color=#000080 Wrote:
I spent time writing a long memoir about our beloved friend "MAEW" (แมว/อุทัย ทองเนียม) then I got too emotional. So, for now, here is an old picture of MAEW and I at Uthaiwong's "glass house", our favorite hang out. Never mind my face, the point is you get to see MAEW's face and witness how "COOL" he was.

I bet you, he is as happy as he ever was or even more, hanging out with our mutual friends Ket & Gore up there somewhere. I can hear "Time Is Tight', "Crossroad(s)", and " Scarborough Fair" in my head.. in my heart...such an innocent and beautiful sound........then it fades away when the tears flow down my face. Have a good jam....my ARTISTIC friends. I love you all.

Me.[/color]

Hi Micro,
Uthaiwong's glass house (Uthaiwong Viboonyakom was our powerhouse drummer) was where I square danced with Maew to CCR's song after you've gone, yes I still remember we spent uncountable days and nights listened and tried to figure out by ears to "Sgt. Pepper's and White album" at that hideaway. (Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.......;-))

Thanks for the picture of him and you, I don't know if he kept any picture of him and I somewhere or not? Now his picture and yours will always stays at my desk top.

It doesn't matter how you want to hide your face my friend!, I always remember your contagious smiling face with your unmistaken black mole at your chin! (to be precise it's much closer to your lip, and some of our friends even said in a complimenting way that you had a sharp acid tongue because of that!)

Yes I love you all too.Shy

(This post was last modified: 22-06-2009, 20:28 by napman.)
22-06-2009, 09:39