The many ways I've tried

But still they lead me back
To the long winding road
You left me standing here
A long long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XO2jCwLak
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009, 17:58 by Webmaster.)
19-11-2008, 04:17
Website Find Like Post Reply
The Kop no 7 Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: The long and winding road
โดยส่วนตัวผมชอบเพลงนี้มากครับ โดยเฉพาะช่วงโช่โล่คีย์บอร์ด โดนใจผมมา30ปีแล้ว ทุกวันนี้ก็ยังเหมือนเดิมครับน้าเวป
20-11-2008, 11:49
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Hi Nimit,
This is one of my all time-favorites that really hard to find the opportunity to play. I guess it's so stressful and too haunting to few people and the rest of them just don't fit in any other places. Sad

Thanks for sharing. Shy
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
01-06-2009, 06:38
Website Find Like Post Reply
Microtone Offline

Likes Given: 0
No doubt about it Paul McCartney is a great song writer, although I'm not a big fan of his, but in my opinion I prefer the Lennon-McCartney works more (strong lyrics + melodic melody = perfect balance) rather than simple melody and not so much emphasis on the lyrics. In this particular song, though, Paul appears to really pour out his heart, guts, and skill as if it was to be the last and only song he'll ever write. It's beyond being just bluesy. It's so darn sad and depressing, yet, sweet and haunting like you can't ever deny it! If anyone can't feel this emotion they aren't human! Even the title "Long And Winding Road" alone makes you feel like you're ready to grab a handkerchief. I've been a closet admirer (not that kind!) of this song since the days of the movie "Let It Be". I guess the melody is so dominant that it would still sound good even without the lyrics! Many years back I saw Ray Charles in a live interview saying that he wanted to cry whenever he heard this song and coming from Ray Charles, you'd better believe it! I also have a Sarah Vaughan version too. I like this type of art work by humans that gets into your skin and lasts a long time. But to achieve this kind of work the Creators have a price to pay...like any classic art work...no pain no gain.

Just imagine if they played this song at the airports every time before a departure.....I'd be rich just selling handkerchiefs and tissue from my Vendor stall!!

On a personal note, the situation in this room looks so tense you could cut it like a knife... almost like the last supper. I never knew John Lennon played bass in that session and watching the video from 2:08 - 2:22, he reminded me so much of an ex band mate of mine, who was quiet, honest, and wise whom I respected/admired a lot. Now I'm getting emotional...I need a handkerchief myself.

I also liked the bomb-dropping chord each time after every line "The Long And Winding Road". I never studied this song so I don't know what key it is in, but I hear a stacked chord for instance if you play in the key of E, that TATA TATA sound would be an "A chord" with "B bottom" (bass). I don't know if I'm correct but I'm sure it should be very close.

Instead of "Anyway you'll never know" Paul sang "Anyway you've always known" and I don't know what to make of this?!?
[Image: ngsarah03.jpg]
20-06-2009, 13:29
Find Like Post Reply