Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Huttlinger
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Pete Huttlinger
I just received an Email a moment ago and thought someone here who happened to like PH would like to be informed too:

May 4, 2011
Re: Pete Huttlinger's health

Hi folks,

Our friend and compatriot Pete Huttlinger is now at the Texas Heart
Institute in Houston, in his wife Erin's words: "in dire need of a
mechanical support device for his failing heart. Ultimately we would
like to receive a transplant, but that's not on the table just yet."

Please send your best thoughts and prayers Pete's way.

Mark

------------------
Mark Hanson
Grammy-Award Winning Acoustic Guitarist
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
05-05-2011, 01:41
Website Find Like Post Reply
ยอดเยี่ยม Offline
ลักเมา

Likes Given: 116
RE: Pete Huttlinger
ขอให้พี่ Pete หายไวๆ สุขภาพแข็งแรง
แล้วกลับมาสอนเล่นเพลง Jim Croce อีกนะครับ Rolleyes
*** ตัวที่ใช่ ไซส์ที่ชอบ ***
05-05-2011, 01:57
Find Like Post Reply
folkenman Offline

Likes Given: 1
Pete Huttlinger ศิลปินท่านนี้ข้าน้อยก็นับถือเป็นอาจารย์เอกอยู่แล้ว

ข้าน้อยขอให้อาจารย์หายไว ๆ นะครับ
ธรรมะที่เชื่องช้าก็ยังดีกว่าอธรรมที่ปราดเปรียวไม่ใช่เหรอ
05-05-2011, 10:35
Find Like Post Reply
napman Offline
VIP member

An updated on 5/5/2011 from Erin Huttlinger (Pete's wife)as follow;

Today was probably the longest day of my life. No matter how positive of an attitude I have and no matter how in the moment I usually am, I was scared to death today. Terrified. Pete's been through a lot of trauma, but nothing like I've witnessed in the last couple of months. His health decline has been so rapid. It's been 5 days since he was LifeFlighted to Houston from Nashville. These 5 days have been spent getting him stablized enough for surgery. And there really was no decision involved. He had to have this mechanical implant (VAD - Ventricular Assist Device) or he was not going to live. It's the second time in his life he's had to have his chest opened. The first was right before his 13th birthday.

They took him into surgery around 10:30am this morning. Surgery was overseen by Dr. Bud Frazier, a leader in this type of heart surgery--I guess that's why Vanderbilt sent us to him. Pete was finally sent to post-Op about 6:30pm tonight. He survived the surgery. Step 1. He is on a ventilator and will be for probably about 3 days, possibly more. He is highly sedated, although they bring him out a little bit to talk to him and make sure he's still "in there." I was able to talk to him tonight and I feel strongly that he could hear me. There are a lot of graphic details that I won't share here for Pete's sake, but he's still in a lot of distress and the doctors are working on improving his vital signs and vital organs in a lot of ways.

I have to say here that our guardian angel is Dr. Frank Fish. Many of you have met Dr. Fish. He's done more for us than I can begin to recount here. But I just wanted to acknowledge that.

I'll be able to go back and see Pete early in the morning, but they won't let me stay very long. Houston is my new summer home, and I'm grateful for that.

And here's the update from Erin yesterday;

Update:

Thank you everyone! The messages here have been overwhelming and reassuring. Sean and James have really enjoyed reading these and hearing how much support their stepdad has from all of you.

Pete continues to improve every day. As of yesterday, they removed the ventilator and he is breathing on his own. A big step. He also is no longer under any anesthesia so he is awake and alert. He can speak if he wants to but is very tired, so he doesn't very much. He is still in OR Recovery so I can only see him a few minutes every few hours. Hopefull he will get moved to a regular Intensive Care room in the next few days.

I am headed back over to the hospital at 5pm tonight. I have not yet read Pete all these wonderful messages. I think he's too tired, but I have told him that once he's ready to read them, or have me read them to him, they are here waiting for him.

I know that many of you have made generous offers to help with finances and health expenses. I am setting up a special fund and will post the information here this evening. Thank you again. I am overwhelmed with your generosity.

Erin Huttlinger
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 09:40 by napman.)
09-05-2011, 09:38
napman Offline
VIP member

Update 5/18/2011
update from the caring bridge.

I am sorry for a delay in between postings. I have to say that it has been a rollercoaster since the surgery and I was unsure at what point to give feedback. It took about a week to get out of recovery and now Pete has been in an Intensive Care room for a week and a half. The doctors say that he is progressing very well. They had to explain that to me because some days I just couldn't see it. But after a long bout of ICU Psychosis, which was no fun at all, Pete is very clear-headed and able to have conversations with me and his family.
I'm not certain how long we will be in this part of the hospital. I know they are starting to do some light physical therapy with him and today he was cleared to have liquids. That's a big step.
I cannot thank everyone enough for all the amazing posts and the generous donations. As many of you know, this is an emotionally and physically stressful time, but all the encouragement and sharing of personal situations relieves a lot of the anxiety. Other people have been in our shoes, and are living happy, normal lives now. I feel sure that a year from now, we'll look back on this ride --- and be glad it's over Again....thank you to each and everyone. I look forward to reading more of the entries to Pete today.
Erin

And Today;
new from The CaringBridge

"Progress is being made. Late on Thursday night, Pete was transferred from Intensive Care to a room in a part of the hospital that is specific to those patients recovering from either heart transplants or heart pump surgery. This is where he will stay for the remainder of his recovery, or at least that is how I understand it. He was allowed to move here because he is starting to walk a little bit every day and because he is not on any IV medicines. All his meds are now either in pills or injections. So, he's not tied to an IV pole anymore. He is starting to eat a little bit every day, but needs to start eating more so he can build up his strength. He hasn't eaten in so long that I know it's difficult for him, but he's trying. His kidneys are still not functioning but they are improving a little bit so the doctors still sound positive that they will recover from their trauma. Meanwhile he continues to do dialysis every couple of days.
I am writing thank you notes everyday, but my handwriting is slow compared to the speed of everyone's support and compassion. Please know that I am receiving all the beautiful cards and letters and that you will all hear from me soon. Meanwhile...a huge thank you to ALL of you."
Erin Huttlinger

(This post was last modified: 30-05-2011, 23:08 by napman.)
30-05-2011, 23:06