Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"หยุด" อย่างถูกต้อง by ลูกแกะ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: "หยุด" อย่างถูกต้อง by ลูกแกะ
(29-07-2010, 20:58)ลูกแกะ Wrote: อาจจะมีคนฟังบางคนที่นับจังหวะไปด้วยหงุดหงิดก็แค่นั้นน่ะครับ

There's a Beatles song that I and my buddy Microtone (me and my rock band when I was in BKK 40+ years ago) unfortunately selected to play and I sang it too.

It caused a lot of locomotion and so hard to practice/play together (let alone to sing it!), here's the excerp that I got from Wikipedia (but of course 40 years ago we didn't know any better that it's so hard to play)

"One of the most salient musical features of the song is its frequent shifts in time signature. Beginning in 4/4 time, the song has one measure of 6/4 time for the line "She's well acquainted..." before changing back to 4/4 time for the next line ("The man in the crowd..."). It then uses a measure of 5/4 followed by a measure of 4/4 for the line "a soap impression of his wife which he ate and donated to the National Trust" . The subsequent guitar solo features a measure of 9/8 followed by two measures of 12/8. This pattern is repeated in the "I need a fix..." section. This gives way to alternating 9/8 and 10/8 measures in the "Mother Superior..." section before returning to 4/4 for the doo-wop style ending. The "When I hold you..." section slows down dramatically and employs one of the few examples of polyrhythm in the Beatles' repertoire: the drums play a duple rhythm while the rest of the instruments and background vocals use a triplet rhythm."

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2010, 22:39 by napman.)
29-07-2010, 22:38
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "หยุด" อย่างถูกต้อง by ลูกแกะ - by napman - 29-07-2010, 22:38