Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thai film 'Boonmee' wins top honor at Cannes fest
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
Thai film 'Boonmee' wins top honor at Cannes fest
And here it is!

CANNES, France ? The hypnotic Thai film "Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives" won the top honor at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, while Academy Award winners Juliette Binoche and Javier Bardem earned acting honors.

"Uncle Boonmee," directed by Apichatpong Weerasethakul, traces the dreamlike final days of a man dying of kidney failure as the ghost of his dead wife returns to tend him and his long-lost son comes home in the form of a furry jungle spirit.

"I would like to thank my mother and my father, who 30 years ago, they took me to a little cinema in our little town, and I was so young and didn't know what it was on the screen," said Weerasethakul, who previously won the third-place jury prize at Cannes with his 2004 film "Tropical Malady." "I didn't know the concept of cinema. With this award, I think I know a little more what cinema is, but it still remains a mystery. I think this mystery keeps us coming back here and to share our world."
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2010, 03:49 by napman.)
24-05-2010, 03:48
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Thai film 'Boonmee' wins top honor at Cannes fest - by napman - 24-05-2010, 03:48