Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both sides now, Joni Mitchell, does anyone know this song?
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Both sides now, Joni Mitchell, does anyone know this song?
(24-07-2009, 17:07)Microtone Wrote: มี dvdของ Joni Mitchell ไว้นานแล้ว แต่ก็นึกชื่อ title ของมันไม่ออก...มีคลิปหนึ่งป็น outdoor concert ที่มี Jaco Pastorius และ Pat Metheny เล่นกับ Joni... และเธอเล่น Ibanez GB-10 แต่ไม่แน่ใจ 100% เพราะมันนานมาแล้ว ต้องไปขุด dvd มาดูอีกที แต่จำได้ชัดเจนว่า Jaco Pastorius เล่นอร่อยมาก ลองไปหาที่ YouTube ดูซิ มันอาจจะมี.

W@@dro,
That DVD is "Shadows and light"
Here's her vocalize with men and just Mays on Organ. Pay close attention to her selective notes, simply amazing!

and I still have this DVD somewhere. Pat is always amazing, Lyle Mays the Keyboardist is deceptively good, Jaco has "Jaco's solo" in there, to me he's one of the geniuses on bass. He's the true master of impromptu improvisation with his fretless Fender Jazz Bass that originally with frets but he took them all out! What a guy Big Grin

But sadly like some of the geniuses, his young life was unexpectedly and tragically ended Sad

Some of you young bassists may learn something from him here, especially his play on double or triple notes on bass and some other techniques that you may notice here;

napmandu
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2009, 23:26 by napman.)
24-07-2009, 22:52
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Both sides now, Joni Mitchell, does anyone know this song? - by napman - 24-07-2009, 22:52