Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ใช่martinรึเปล่า
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: ใช่martinรึเปล่า
Hey guys,
I don't know for sure neither but I'd speculated that it could be Joan Baez's guitar that he borrowed from her. She always uses that 000 size from day 1 until present.Cool

And here something I found on the WEB interesting about that song and I think it's worth sharing here Big Grin

Dylan himself has debunked any drug connection. ?Drugs never played a part in that song? ?disappearing through the smoke rings in my mind,? that?s not drugs; drugs were never that big a thing with me. I could take ?em or leave ?em, never hung me up.?

Indeed, the Tambourine Man, far from being a figment of Dylan?s imagination was a very real person ? who was frequently among Dylan?s backup musicians. Bruce Langhorne was a greatly-admired guitarist and a ubiquitous session man on many of the most important and influential folk albums of the early ?60s. His work can be heard behind Dylan, Odetta, Joan Baez, Richard and Mimi Farina, Peter, Paul & Mary, Buffy Sainte-Marie, and Carolyn Hester.

Langhorne was also known for playing a distinctive Turkish frame drum ? in effect a supersized tambourine. As he described it, ?It was about [four inches] deep, and it was very light and it had a sheepskin head and it had jingle bells around the edge - just one layer of bells all the way around?I bought it ?cause I liked the sound?I used to play it all the time.?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/134964.jpg

Thus both the Tambourine Man and the jingle jangle morning are poetic riffs on real inspirations.
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2009, 00:31 by napman.)
03-09-2009, 00:26
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ใช่martinรึเปล่า - by napman - 03-09-2009, 00:26