Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Stage for Country/Any kind of music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Open Stage for Country/Any kind of music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
(23-10-2013, 22:02)Tingnal Wrote: ขอเพลง Nantucket Sleighride + Theme for an imaginary western ด้วยครับลุง Nap Smile

Dear Tingnal,
You surprised me big timeBig Grin

I'm pretty sure you're much younger than me. So what on earth you happened to know those 2 songs!!!!???Tongue

Coincidentally I once had an urge to record the "Nantucket Sleighride". I did that for one reason of we (Thanks) proudly played this song quite often and I don't think any other Thai bands ever dared to played this one. And I'm pretty sure very few Thai knows this song!

It's one of those rock songs that has the classical music structure in them (Overture...Sonata....Prelude....First movement....Second movement...Out tro.....etc). I'm always personally fascinated by those even before I went to study music in US in 1972.

If my comment above intrigues anyone then I would encourage you to get on You Tube and search for Mountain (the name of the band) and follow by the song titles (Nantucket Sleigh.....and Theme from....)

And this "Mountain" is one of my all time favorite bands, and I've learned a lot from the late great Felix Pappalardi the bass player.

Now for the "Theme from............". I didn't have a chance to play this one with "Thanks", and I'm frankly afraid to do it alone by myself! It's too grand a song to execute (or mess it up!). I also has a lot of respect for the writers of this song (Jack Bruce, who's CREAM's bass player and Pete Brown). So I still wanted to leave this song alone for the time being. And again I bet not too many Thai know this song, and I salute you Tingnal for knowing this song, you are so COOL man!Big Grin

Parker, allow me to borrow your "ขออภัยถ้าไม่เพราะขัดอารมณ์ใครบางคน" here :-))

Well, I changed my mind and put the "Nantucket...." here to make it easy for anyone who wants to FEEL this great song;

And "Theme.................". As I recalled, Felix Pappalardi was tragically shot to death by his girl friend Gail Collins in San Francisco in 1983, Gail Collins was also the artist who painted and designed all of "Mountain" front album pictures. Such a sad ending for this great rock musician who had the classical music background.

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2013, 04:21 by napman.)
23-10-2013, 23:49
Website Find Like Post Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes napman's post:
parker1713 (26-10-2013)

Messages In This Thread
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:03
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 09-08-2010, 23:09
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:32
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by povation - 10-08-2010, 00:02
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by Webmaster - 10-08-2010, 00:22
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by sukanyastory - 10-08-2010, 05:43
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 10-08-2010, 06:45
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 10-08-2010, 13:29
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 11-08-2010, 05:07
I love www.nimitguitar.com - by Mikeloo - 27-07-2011, 23:46
RE: Open Stage for Country/Any kind of music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ - by napman - 23-10-2013, 23:49