Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Stage for Country/Any kind of music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Open Stage for Country music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
(01-07-2012, 20:00)วันละเป๊ก Wrote: กระหายอยากจะเล่นอีก เลยไปคว้าเจ้า Gibson L5 Wes Montgomery มาโชว์ห่วยโซโล่แบบไม่อายฟ้าดิน Tongue
จบแล้วคร๊าบบบบ หวังว่าจะได้ความบรรเทิงบ้างไม่มากก็น้อย

Dear Pek,

When I was young most of my contemporary friends looked up to who could PLAYED exactly like the originals and they all tried so hard to be the carbon copy of them. Sadly but true, they restricted themselves to the capacity of those STARS. They'd never grow up to their true talents. There were few who did it their own ways and couldn't careless about other's opinions and they seemed to happy as much or even more than the ones who tried to be someone else.

Time's moving on, I got older and then I just listened to the songs that I like to play and tried MY BEST to work it out MY WAY. I feel like I have more freedom to personally explore and express and develope my own style (Good or bad are judged by the listeners). I firmly believe that in the long run it will allow me to become more than I think I can be because I don't restrict myself to the personal expression of the original artists. I tried to do it as "MY RENDITION" with full respect to the original artists.

Please do not have any shame of your SOLO expression. Make it your own! I myself intentionally tried not to do it note by note or beat by beat as the original. I myself as a listener rather spend my time listen to the other versions of any song that the other players tried to do his or her own ways. I (as bad a player as I am) feel that the carbon copy of any song by ANY ONE is pretty sterile, boring and no true emotion involvedBig Grin

And of course it's my personal opinion about this matter. I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong in any way, shape or form. So play on my friendTongue

A bonus here;

[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 11:20 by napman.)
02-07-2012, 06:55
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:03
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 09-08-2010, 23:09
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:32
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by povation - 10-08-2010, 00:02
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by Webmaster - 10-08-2010, 00:22
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by sukanyastory - 10-08-2010, 05:43
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 10-08-2010, 06:45
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 10-08-2010, 13:29
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 11-08-2010, 05:07
I love www.nimitguitar.com - by Mikeloo - 27-07-2011, 23:46
RE: Open Stage for Country music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ - by napman - 02-07-2012, 06:55