Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Stage for Country/Any kind of music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: Open Stage for Country music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ
(15-09-2010, 05:32)Webmaster Wrote: ผมเคยฟังแต่เวอร์ชั่นของ หินกลิ้ง เพิ่งรู้ว่าเป็นของ แวนฯ อ่ะครับ

Dear Nimit,
I've never heard/knew about Rolling Stones' version of "Brown eyed girl". So I tried to find it on the WEB and this is what I've found;

"Question
So there we were having dinner in Senior Frog's in Playa del Carmen, Mexico three weeks ago; and when the band played "Brown Eyed Girl" my makeup artist leaned over to one of the models on this trip and told her that was a Rolling Stones song. My makeup artist is 34 years old and the model was an 18 year old.

When I mentioned that the song was in fact a Van Morrison song my makeup artist refused to believe it was; and she hurrled insults at me for even suggesting that it was anything other than a Rolling Stones original.

Now I am considerably older than my makeup artist and the Rolling Stones were brand new and first run when I was in college during the 60's.

When I got back home I did a little research and came up with "Brown Eyed Girl" being written and released in 1967. The artist was, of course, Van Morrison. My makeup artist was born in 1969, so she was not there for the first go round on the song.

Some internet searching has me confused. I searched two or three Rolling Stones web sites with chronologies of all the singles and albums released by the band and they do not show any cover of the song by the RS's. They did Brown Sugar and it is on at least a half dozen of their albums. But that is not the same song. Also shown was Brown Eyed Hansom Man. Wrong gender.

However a Google search of the title and the Rolling Stones name turned up some references to sheet music and lyrics under the Rolling Stones identity, but no conformation if the song was ever recorded by them.

A search through the computer at the music store today came up with 99 albums of other artists doing BEG (from instrummentals to Jimmy Buffett). The search came up empty on any version of Brown Eyed Girl on any Rolling Stones album. So did a visual search of all the RS's CD's in the inventory.

So my question is......

Does anyone know of any recording of the Rolling Stones doing Brown Eyed Girl?

Maybe they did it on tour and it is a boot leg. Or perhaps live on a TV broadcast.

I need help on this as a steak dinner is riding on the outcome. I am already in the lead and if there is nothing out by the Rolling Stones they she buys the dinner.

Answer
Hiya Michael---
The Stones have never recorded "Brown Eyed Girl" You can check it out in a book called
"The Rolling Stones" Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2002 by Martin Elliott for every song the Stones have ever recorded in a studio. You can also check out this site for every song they played in concert. http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/zent.htm"

So I just wanted to state the fact and set the correct straight record (and of course not to discredit our beloved Nimit) that VM is the originality of this song. Is there any possibility that you got confused with Rolling Stones's "Brown sugar"?Shy

May be Dr. Pood can clarified/verified us about this one too??Big Grin

OK, who has the guitar in his hands now?????
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
15-09-2010, 06:34
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:03
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 09-08-2010, 23:09
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by boobyblue - 09-08-2010, 23:32
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by povation - 10-08-2010, 00:02
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by Webmaster - 10-08-2010, 00:22
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by sukanyastory - 10-08-2010, 05:43
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 10-08-2010, 06:45
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by WildWest Cowboy - 10-08-2010, 13:29
RE: God loves A Cowboy - by napman - 11-08-2010, 05:07
RE: Open Stage for Country music ขอเชิญทุกท่านมาร่วมแจมครับ - by napman - 15-09-2010, 06:34
I love www.nimitguitar.com - by Mikeloo - 27-07-2011, 23:46