Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
รบกวนค่ะ เพลง Boxer เป็นเพลงของใครคะ
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: รบกวนค่ะ เพลง Boxer เป็นเพลงของใครคะ
Dear Mooja,
This song is one of the best songs for "Travis picking style" and also one of my all time top ten.

And here's the story behind that song;
Paul Simon often represented the 'poor working class' in his songs. If any one knowns the story of NYC where Paul Simon grew up, one can tell exactly the setting and background of the song. During the huge emigration movement from Europe(Ellis Island ring a bell?) There were boat loads of people daily entering New York City. Also there were a lot of people moving from the rural areas to the big cities. The problem was there weren't enough jobs to go around. Employers could pay what they wanted, you didn't have a choice and the work coditions were horrible. It is about a young man who left his home to move to the city, struggling to make a living and suffering from loneliness almost gives up on his dream. It is a common misconseption that the young man is the boxer but he isn't. He looks at the boxer and admires him for the his persistance and endurance and how he draws stength from his passed fights. He uses this to inspire himself to get back up and fight. Paul didn't not intentionally write this about himself but says during recording he came to the realization it truly was autobiographical.
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
20-12-2009, 09:09
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: รบกวนค่ะ เพลง Boxer เป็นเพลงของใครคะ - by napman - 20-12-2009, 09:09