Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ชุมนุมกีตาร์สายเอ็น ครั้งที่ 1.
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: |
(04-05-2011, 09:52)ไข่ไก่ Wrote: John Williams นักกีตาร์นี่ก็เป็น Australian ครับ เคยเล่นกีตาร์ classic จนเบื่อ
ก็มาตั้งวง rock ชื่อวง Sky ครับ แกบอกเพื่อหาแนวทางใหม่ แล้วก็บอกเวลากลับมาเล่น classic ไว้เลย พอครบแกก็กลับมาเล่น classic เหมือนเดิม ผมเคยซื้อเทปวงนี้มาหลายม้วนสมัย peacock น่ะครับ ถ้าใครมีแผ่นเสียงคงสุดยอดเลย

FYI:
Classics made modern progressive-rock, July 7, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Sky V.2 (Audio CD)
This album was originally released in 1980, by John Williams (acoustic guitars), Kevin Peek (electric guitars), Tristan Fry (drums), Francis Monkman (Keyboards), and Herbie Flowers (bass).
This album contains many classics such as Toccata (originally written by J. S. Bach for organ), Gavotte And Variations (Originally written by Rameau, french composer), Andante (Written By Vivaldi), and Sky wrote the rest of the songs. Here's what I think about all Sky 2 songs:

1.Hotta: The most rocker song in the album, fast electric guitars, lots of drums and bass. A fast paced song. 10/10

2.Dance Of The Little Fairies: Great keyboards and harprichord! 10/10

3.Sahara: The best song in the album!!! Quick piano at the beginning and in the end, the middle of the song contains a slow but incredible electric guitar solo!! 11/10

4.FIFO/Adagio/Scherzo/Watching The Aeroplanes: an incredible 17 minute song. A very enjoyable song. The Last part is phenomenal. 10/10

5.Tuba Smarties: A tuba solo played by Herbie Flowers, excellent, but not perfect: 9/10

6.Ballet-Volta: A calm, slow song written by Michael Praetorius Great. 10/10

7.Gavotte & Variations: A 6 minute long song led by Monkman's amazing harprichord. A Classic, as I said before. 10/10

8.Andante: Written by Vivaldi, another calm song, very relaxing when you play it! 10/10

9.Tristan's Magic Garden: This song is made of mostly drums (which are excellent) 10/10

10.El Cielo: A classic Spanish folk tune arranged by Williams, great acoustic guitar here! 10/10

11.Vivaldi: Sky made a very good job playing this one.Not much to say about it. 10/10

12.Scipio (Parts 1, 2):Lots of synthetiser, harprichord and acoustic and electric guitars (and bass!!) 10/10

13.Toccata:The second best song in the album. They use an electric guitar instead of piano, harprichord and fast drumming. 11/10

In summary, the band (Sky) is made of virtuosos. You will not regret buying this CD (If you like classic rock), go to google and search for Sky + "John Williams" and go in the first page that shows up and go to the albums section, Sky 2, and click on the song you would like to hear. I hope that my review was helpful to you.
P.S.: You will not be able to find this album in a CD shop.

Hope this help somewhatRolleyes
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 10:05 by napman.)
04-05-2011, 10:03
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
| - by ไข่ไก่ - 03-05-2011, 23:15
RE: | - by Arnoldmobile - 04-05-2011, 00:18
RE: | - by ไข่ไก่ - 04-05-2011, 09:52
RE: | - by napman - 04-05-2011, 10:03
RE: | - by Arnoldmobile - 04-05-2011, 11:30